Viewing 81 post (of 81 total)
  • Veganuarytrackworld
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>So what is the best milk replacement for a nice cup of tea (ah go on)?”</span>

Lidl’s own sweetened soy milk works for me.  Have tried almond milks, coconut alternatives, hemp etc etc with barious success.    It’s in a blue carton.  It’s 59p or so. It’s never going to taste the same as cow’s milk.  Do I prefer it to milk?  Yes, but I like the taste of both.  And I didnt favour soy milk for some time.  Taste buds are weird like that.   Milk now tastes sour(ish) and a bit gakky after a few years of not drinking it regularly.  ymmv.

Lambchop 👍🏼👍🏼

Now you can entertain yourself endlessly starting out with youtube vegan ‘cheese’ recipes.   Shop-bought ones are mostly rubbish.  Artisanal cashew-based ones are expensive. Tesco’s soft goat cheese alternative is good.   The mexicana type one is not bad either.  But I’m sure I can do better.   Here’s one I’m trying this week.

and one of these mozzarella recipes after that:  (recipe links are in the vid description)

Point being, If I can make an awesome vegan pizza then Mrs MR will be made up.

Viewing 81 post (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Veganuarytrackworld’ is closed to new replies.