Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Van Nicolas Zion – Any owners?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Tempted. Looking for something to replace my hardtail, run 120mm forks for mostly XC/Singletrack duties.

Any people out there with one?

loddrik
    Free Member

Used to have one, it was pretty good. Very sprightly, I had 125mm forks on mine and they seemed fine. Lifetime warranty, nice finish and good value.

damo2576
    Free Member

How come you sold it?

loddrik
    Free Member

I guess it was just time for a change. I remember I had it at the same time as my 575 and I was hardly ever riding the yeti which I sold. Then after a while I fancied another full sus so I sold this and bought a Maverick. I had the Zion up at glentress, afan and all over north Wales and it was great wherever I took it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Friend has one. Spritley is the right word. Wants to spend all day sprinting up singletrack. Which is what he’s into.

damo2576
    Free Member

It’s a real problem, I’m constantly flitting between my two bikes, think by getting a ti ht I’ll stick to that. Not sure on the Van Nic. Liking the Soda…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

I’ve found it a nice frame – not sure if the geometry has changed recently but I’ve only run mine with forks in the 80-100mm range. It was fine with all of them, although currently it’s wearing 90mm Floats.

I might try building it up very light this year using the SID teams, XTR bits and American Classics from my Epic.

danti

The new Soda is awesome, coming from an old Soda I would describe the old one as a bit of a twang whereas the new one is more of a strum.

I weigh 12 stone (add another half stone with all gear on) and felt the springiness of the old one, it is like a spring lamb and really softens out the trail.

The new one is that bit more taut, great for putting power through the much stiffer bottom bracket. It still softens the trail and I can ride it all day without feeling beat up and with 120mm Reba maxle lites on it is superb.
    Demo one if you can – I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

damo2576
    Free Member

It is the Soda i really want, but at that stage of the decision making process where i’m convincing myself there are no cheaper options!

djflexure

Had a Zion for 18 months now. Its a really nice light bike. Run 120. Use it when I’m riding with mates who are quick and I want to keep up or for things like Kielder 100, where I was on it for 12hrs+ and got off feeling relatively fine and not at all beat up. Overall its been faultless. Having said that I do tend to ride my Sovereign a lot more – its a very confidence inspiring, go anywhere sort of bike. The Sov is built up with Lyriks and 1×9 – so is a completely different kettle of fish. Perhaps if I were just to have the one bike then a Soda or ti 456 might be ideal – never tried either though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicolas Zion – Any owners?’ is closed to new replies.