Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Van insurance for SDP an commuting
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

Can someone point me in the right direction of where to look for van insurance for a vehicle to be used for social, domestic, pleasure, & commuting please? The van wouldn’t be used for any business travel, purely as a private vehicle. I’ve seen private use insurance however this seems to only cover SDP and specifies no commuting?

Advice much appreciated 🙂

scotroutes

NFU, Adrian Flux both insured me for SDP&C

northshoreniall

Brentacre for me, tried Adrian Flux and wouldn’t insure me as apparently removing a seat was a modification they couldn’t cover 🙄.
    Brentacre don’t need notifying of most modifications.

kayak23

+1 Brentacre. Very accommodating.

piemonster

Huh, the Adrian Flux not insuring you for a mod is curious. They called me the other day trying to sell insurance and my vans had all sorts done to it and they know it.

eskay

I am with admiral

tiim
    Free Member

I’m with Aviva

tthew

I just go with whoever the meerkats suggest is cheapest. Loads of choice!

Edit, I think it’s poor that commuting isn’t counted as domestic travelling though.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am with A-plan. Reasonable price, all mods insured too.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

CVD INSURANCE… Will do what you want BUT you will be giving ur money 2 Nigel Farages mate AARON BANKS as he owns CVD. Do you really want 2 do that?

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Another one with aviva here

Phil_H

Another Aviva customer here.

swavis

tried Adrian Flux and wouldn’t insure me as apparently removing a seat was a modification they couldn’t cover

This is exactly why I’m with Adrian flux, I removed one of the bench seats in our Trafic bus to make it a six seater as the wife hasn’t got grandad/granny rights.

a11y

Brentacre another +1, on a Transit Custom double cab (equiv of a Kombi) for SDP and commuting – specifically states it includes ‘travel to a permanent place of business’.

I was also with them for a few years on a converted and modified T5 campevan, although never had to make a claim.

olddog

I use Dial Direct as agent, the insurancer is Aegeas.

mattbee

A Plan are good if you have/intend to modify the van. Used them for my T5.

eskay

One thing to watch out for is that van insurance doesn’t let you drive other vehicles third party like some car policies.

P20

Admiral here

v8ninety

Anyone know why commuting isn’t counted as domestic driving? It’s certainly not work, as any employer is at pains to point out…

wonnyj
    Free Member

Did with A Plan yesterday. Van with modification.

poly
    Free Member

Anyone know why commuting isn’t counted as domestic driving? It’s certainly not work, as any employer is at pains to point out…

Look at it the other way round, if you were a SDP user who didn’t use your car for commuting why would you want to pay the extra for using it during what I assume is a high risk/busy period/rushed journey? It’s a discount for those who don’t, rather than a penalty for those who do.

FFJA
    Free Member

Admiral for me. Caddy with SDP and commuting between workplaces. About £400 fully comp

v8ninety

Look at it the other way round…

I suppose that makes sense. I do wonder how much ‘overinsurance’ goes on though. I’ve got commuting on both of my vehicles policies, just in case I need to take the big one of the little one is out of action. But I guess I’m paying more because of that, when the risk isn’t actually reflected. Also, my commutes are never at the busy, high risk times, so statistically screwed over there too. It feels that insurance cos are always looking for factors that increase premiums, but never take into account stuff that should decrease them.

Del

I used to use direct line but I needed business use as well – sd&p was thrown in. They do have a few advantages however – notably they will transfer NCD between car and van policies.

addy6402

Brentacre here, seems good (no claims as yet, fingers crossed)

Spud

A-Plan for us, the other two were nowhere near as competitive. We have business on ours for approx 1500 miles a year.

Whydot

Another one for Aviva here. Most competitive for me. They also included business use for free weirdly.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Van insurance for SDP an commuting’ is closed to new replies.