Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van insurance – contents?
  • sboardman

We’re about to get a van to replace our car. I’ve just checked our home contents insurance and they won’t sufficiently cover items within a vehicle (but they would cover a bike on a roof/rear carrier…).

Haven’t had a van before, its not for commercial use at the moment, but might be in the future. What’s the best way to get contents (bikes & dogs) insured for when they are in the van (ie in transit or parked when camping)?

nickdavies

Get better insurance. Home insurance is the cheapest way to do it imo, no car insurance would cover bikes and the standalone policies are expensive. Pedalcover is the standard response to the question, but check terms – anything underwritten by axa tends to be ok as long as theyre locked up out of sight in the vehicle etc.

mikedabear
    Free Member

Call A-plan they will sort you out with a good deal.

sboardman

Cheers @nickdavies. I was wondering if I’m asking the wrong questions, so that’s very helpful to have that cleared up! Our current home insurance (AA) is underwritten by AXA I believe, but might not be sure (I’m not an expert as you can tell!). Should’ve planned this better as our home renewal was just over a month ago, but impulsive van purchasing waits for no man.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van insurance – contents?’ is closed to new replies.