Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • valuation. jey boy XC bling wheels……
  • alpin
    Free Member

i aquired THESE from a friend who worked at a hotel during the EuroBike Messe in Friedricshafen, Germany. he was a chef and at the end of the Messe a group of Taiwanese left lots of bits behind rather than take them back on the plane.

i bought them off him thinking i’d put them on the GF’s bike (which consists of my old frame and forks, stem, handle bars) as she won’t be hammering the trails so much. but i’ve had a change of mind and figured i could build up my old bike similar to how it was – a bit burlier – so i could continue riding it whenever i wanted. not sure how much i’d trust them over drops and small jumps.

so what do people think they are worth?

there is no damage apart from the scratch that you can see in one photo.

they have never been used

they have a carbon wrap on the rims.

i can no longer find any details on these wheels as they are ~2 years old and the website has now changed.

where is generally a better place to sell, ebay or classifieds?

many thanks

J

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

No idea – sorry. Biker girl’s worth a bit though.

markd
    Free Member

i dont think they are worth much.

there is a lot of stuff like that on show at eurobike and the fact they couldnt be arsed taking them home means they arent worth much.

carbon wrap is to make shite stuff look good.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, that is kinda what i thought. 1086gr for a wheel is a fair whack i think.

they look the biz though.

think ebay would be a better bet? generally a more naive audience?

r6ymy
    Free Member

I would have thought £100 max. They’re quite heavy, completely unknown, wouldn’t know whether you could get bearings or freehub spares. A set of Mavic Crossride’s is £125 from Merlin and they’re a lot a lighter and spares are available.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You’ve been framed, my son.

njee20
    Free Member

They weigh an absolute ton, they’re a very cheap set of wheels meant to look expensive with a carbon wrap.

Sub 1400g is light for a PAIR of wheels, I wouldn’t worry about breaking those! I’d sell them and get some custom built. Someone will pay lots on eBay, don’t mention the weight, just the fact they’re carbon.

alpin
    Free Member

nj, that was kinda my thinking…..

cheers guys.

well done, rudeboy. son.

onandon
    Free Member

1300 odd grams per wheel , tis a ton in weigh for an XC wheel.

if that was for the front and rear they would be worth money

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘valuation. jey boy XC bling wheels……’ is closed to new replies.