Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Vallelujah this weekend
  • BoardinBob

Enjoy the climb of death on Stage 4!

It’s not as bad when they run it as a shorter stage starting from Zoom or Bust. When they’ve included the full Ho Chi Minh part it was truly horrific!

Northwind

Nice route that, I guess some people will be thinking overfamiliar but it’s like a greatest hits album (with one remix and one previously unreleased bonus track 😉 )

BoardinBob – Member

It’s not as bad when they run it as a shorter stage starting from Zoom or Bust. When they’ve included the full Ho Chi Minh part it was truly horrific!

Did you do the full EWS version starting from the mast? That was just mean.

BoardinBob

Aye! Horrific. Worst 16 mins 49 of my life

(not really, it was mindblowingly good!)

yacoby
    Free Member

Aye! Horrific. Worst 16 mins 49 of my life

(not really, it was mindblowingly good!)

The only stage I have ever done where I had to try not to throw up at the bottom

Johnbot
    Free Member

All, there’s messages floating around about thieves being spotted locally, be vigilant.

dmck16
    Free Member

Peeblesshire News linky

No doubt the scumbags will be back sniffing around the valley with such an event on.

Northwind

Was down in innerleithen today, looks a bit wetter at gt especially with the snow still lingering but what a day! Compensation for last year I think

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Incredible weather, out on my local hills above largs, canny believe how much drier they are since Wednesday!. Best of luck tomorrow everyone, especially mr sorefingers, good to see him back…. :mrgreen:

Johnbot
    Free Member

Well that was quite good fun.

BoardinBob

Aye, fantastic.

The end of S4 was just sublime. So much flow.

Made a bit of an arse of Mud & Roots and Ponduro but pretty chuffed apart from that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I loved ponduro at tweedlove last year.

speedstar

Aye Ponduro and Mud and Roots were easily the most challenging sections but so much drier than yesterday! For a first timer I feel really fortunate to have done my first Velluljah this year.

Tracey

Just arrived back home after dropping Abigale back at Uni. She enjoyed every minute of it. Great weekend, well run yet again. It’s a long time since I’ve been to Scotland and had good weather.

Northwind

speedstar – Member

Aye Ponduro and Mud and Roots were easily the most challenging sections but so much drier than yesterday!

I absolutely love mud and roots- it’s just a perfect gradient, it’s basically as fast as you want it to be, you can tiptoe it if you’re not too sure or you can absolutely bomb it if you want. And somehow it’s the home of endless near misses, I’ve never actually crashed on it but I’ve had every sort of heroic save there is.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Loved the whole weekend, couple of awesome days riding with Boardinbob, quite happy with my riding,plan was to try & be smooth, stay on my bike and dont overcook things which I did, mud & roots I felt at home on, very like some of the stuff at Dunoon over the winter which I ride on a regular basis, tried to play a tactical card on stage four, lot of pedalling and knew I would suffer, took it a wee bit too easy, personal aim was to stay under 30mins which I did at 29mins,if I cut out Greggs award winning bridies I may move up the table a little, all in all a fantastic weekend 😀

Kahurangi

Tracey – Am I imagining that on the results sheet I saw that Abigale won the Juniors?

(just checked and yes) – nearly 3 minutes in front of 2nd place and a time that would have got her 6th in Seniors. Very well done!

Tracey

Yes she was well pleased with the result, its only the second time out on the bike and she is still getting used to to it. Its my job tonight to get it all clean and lubed up for the next outing.

BoardinBob

Spotted in the results that two “comedians” entered under the names Nigel Farage and Silvio Berlusconi 🙄 😆

speedstar

Haha we were with Berlusconi and Farage all the way from the start of stage 2. They were actually quite humorous. From Worcesteshire supposedly.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Vallelujah this weekend’ is closed to new replies.