• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by geex.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Vallelujah 2019
  • beano68
    Free Member

Where abouts do we park up for the weekend there, hoping to get the Friday .. is there a specific place for competitors

dmck16
    Free Member

There would usually be an email sent out to competitors around about now with a pdf attachment with such details. Have you not received anything yet?

(I’m not competing this year so wouldn’t know/receive)

Northwind

Oh god it’s this weekend? Better get the severe weather warnings booked 🙂

Kahurangi

Do you know where Vellalujah is based yet? I’m coming up on Sunday (not racing) and need to know where to avoid…

beano68
    Free Member

Only email I’ve received is the seeded riders positions no other info so I take it it’ll be out within 24hrs?

leonthepro
    Free Member

It’s based around Glentress this year so parking in town or at the centre. Email usually comes out with the course etc on Friday.

bigfoot
    Free Member

i’ve had my email today, haven’t looked at it properly yet but i think the parking is at the centre, £5 for the weekend.

thegman67

We are heading down to Thornilee this Sunday does anyone know if that will be getting used for the event

BoardinBob

We are heading down to Thornilee this Sunday does anyone know if that will be getting used for the event

0% chance of thorni being used

aldo56
    Free Member

Buzzing for this now. My first enduro race! Hoping the weather plays ball but it should be good regardless.

seanr
    Free Member

My first race of the year, normally a good day just hope it doesn’t require too much pedalling in the stages……

seanr
    Free Member

How did everyone get on? Weather stayed reasonable compared to some forecasts I was looking at.

The none timed zone seemed to confuse a few people.

Overall a good event really.

bigfoot
    Free Member

really enjoyed the weekend despite things not going to well. some great stages although could have done without some of the pedally bits. had to go quite quickly through the neutralized bit as a very fast mate was catching me and i was catching a slower rider.
    i got a cold at the end of last week that got worse over the weekend and just didn’t have the legs for it, then started to get toothache.
    time was poor though at 22 minutes dead although the above didn’t help and also the stupid crash i had right at the end of stage 4 where i managed to land in the bottom of the only wet part of the course when i got distracted by the rider i was catching cost quite a bit of time.

done 4 tweedlove events now and think they are the best i’ve done, can’t wait for the next ones.

seanr
    Free Member

Tweedlove events do seem to be well organised with a mix of stages, but as you said the pedally bits can be annoying especially when you start with a big pedal, before dropping into the fun bits.

I had a crash in nearly exactly the same spot, which was very annoying considering how close to the end it was.

benpinnick

Great weekend but most I speak with said they’d have rather had 6 shorter stages than the 4 as laid out. I didn’t race as Im supposed to be still off the bike, but I did ride the course and without the pressure of having to blast the two pedal sections it was good fun 😉

geex
    Free Member

Thou shalt not question Lovetweed

bigfoot
    Free Member

not so sure i would of prefered it to be 6 shorter stages, i tend to like them longer up to a point. think it was just the way my legs where on the day that made stage 1 not that enjoyable untill after the last uphill pedal through the wall. stage 2 was brilliant. stage 3 (apart from the start untill you turned into the woods) was good, the neutralized bit worked better than if that had been 2 stages and stage 4 was good all the way down.
    only downside of longer stages is 20 seconds between riders is often not enough but then if it was longer queing would get to much. i’m not fast enough for it to effect me to much but for my 2 mates i rode with it does effect them, i suppose the anwser is to ride seeded like we did last june but it is more fun to ride round together.

geex
    Free Member

#Lenghtiseverything

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Vallelujah 2019’ is closed to new replies.