Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • VAG 1.6 diesel dsg any reason not to
  • falkirk-mark

Thinking of getting a new car and seen some skoda superbs at a good price with these engine boxes. I am talking about reliability issues only ( am fully aware re diesels and that some would consider it underpowered but have a C5 estate 110 hp so 125 hp superb would be much same) as said any reason regards the 1.6 engine and the dsg box. The 2.0 diesels are significantly dearer.

ta11pau1

Only thing I was going to say is the 1.6 might be a little underpowered, the superb is a big old beast.

Which generation superb are you looking at? I’ve got the 3rd gen, 2017 2.0tdi DSG 150, I get 48mpg on the work commute and 55+ mpg on the motorway with ease.

falkirk-mark

Latest one, estate with 3000 miles for under 21000 se technology, Dunno what gen its the facelift model that is just out in the last year or so. As said the power will be much the same as C5 and have managed for 7 years without ever thinking it could do with more power.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202007161298046?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=pa48dg&make=SKODA&model=SUPERB&sort=distance&price-from=20000&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&price-to=22500&page=1

martymac

No real reason not to, they are absolutely, er, superb, motors.
    Think how many of that engine/box are made annually in the whole audi/vw/seat/skoda group, any problems are likely to be few and far between.
    I think a 1.6 tdi would feel underpowered if your previous car had 150bhp, but otherwise it’ll be fine.
    Full service history etc, naturally.

ta11pau1

Ah yeah, the one with skoda across the arse in big letters! That’s the gen 4, facelift version of mine.

Go for it, unless it’s changed the DSG doesn’t need an oil change until 40k and even then skoda dealers work on fixed pricing.

SE technology is a good spec level, try and get front parking sensors as it’s a pain to park otherwise.

I’ve got the laurin and klement model so have literally all the extras (except the sunroof) but the se tech has most of what you need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘VAG 1.6 diesel dsg any reason not to’ is closed to new replies.