Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • using my car as painters van
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Just sold my old combo van as it was getting tired and proving unreliable so for a while I’ll have to work out of the family hatchback. Would like to protect it from getting too painty so looking at boot liners and seat covers. Any recommendations for cheapish but usable boot liners and seat covers?

br
    Free Member

probably best just to buy a cheap car

maccruiskeen

good quality stacking boxes from somewhere like Auer so that every things contained and can’t leak and can be lifted out quickly when you want to use the car as a car

project
    Free Member

disposable seat covers like garages use then a waterproof cover over the top, to be doubly sure.

plastic stacker boxes as above

slowoldman
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Belt and braces approach would suggest cheap plastic seat covers including something to protect the back of the front seats plus large tarpaulin type plastic sheets and then put everything in those plastic boxes as suggested above.

In fact that’s just what @project suggested yesterday

tomd
    Free Member

My dad has used his car for painting and decorating work for a few years. It started out with bootliners, seat covers, boxes etc. to appease my mum.

The car is now a complete disgrace. With the best will in the world it will just end up a mess. So if your car is in anyway decent I’d get a a cheapo car / van!

Pigface
    Free Member

No Radio jokes??? what has become of this place? 😳

jota180
    Free Member

Get a trailer and work from that?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i know a couple of painters.

they used their cars initially….. then continued to use it when it was a paint splattered mess….and bought another family car.

Sundayjumper

You’ll still end up dragging paint and dust into the car on your hands, clothes, shoes etc. Get another van or at least a cheap banger of a hatchback.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘using my car as painters van’ is closed to new replies.