Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Using mobile or iPad as webcam on pc
  • flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Has anyone tried with success using a mobile or iPad as a webcam on a pc.

I’m back at work next week after 5 weeks of, catch is I have to pickup my pc from the office and work from home for the next 5 to 6 weeks.

The works pc doesn’t have a webcam but have been told I will need one for online meetings.

geuben
    Free Member

Not the answer you’re looking for.

If your work require you to have a webcam for meetings then they need to provide you a webcam.

Drac

Then they supply one but the answer is no your iPad can’t by used as a webcam for a pc.

scotroutes

I use Droidcam for Zoom etc. Android app and PC program.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Bit of a tricky one as I’m a contractor so should they be providing a webcam?

I had been working from home on a different project so could use my own laptop which has a webcam built in.

I’ll try the droidcam app and see how I go on 🙂

shuhockey
    Free Member

Do you have a Sony digital camera? Because there is software you can use, so it can be used as a webcam.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just grab a cheap one for a tenner. If it’s for work you can always expenses it either directly or via your ltd

Cougar

If work require you to have equipment then either they should be providing it or allowing you to claim it back. Otherwise your response is simply “I don’t have one of those, sorry.”

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just used droidcam for my first video call on ms teams.
    Worked really well.👍

Didn’t want to spend £30 on a webcam that was £4 a few months before lockdown.

Kudos to scotroutes

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve been using Iriun on an Android phone so that I can have a two camera setup for online guitar lessons. It works fairly well and was the easiest of a few apps that I tried to get up and running

ampthill

Droidcam here. It’s a bit hoit and mis but its kept me from needing to buy a webcam. Set up was quite complicated on my phone

llama

What is the meeting provider? Most of them run on an iPad, just call in from that

scotroutes

Kudos to scotroutes

No problemo.

Nice to be able to answer the question directly and give you a solution that didn’t involve having to buy yet another gadget and make use of the tools already at your disposal.

phil5556

If you’re using teams then you can run it on phone / iPad and PC at the same time.

I’ve just done it this morning. It seemed to be clever enough to not show me twice to everyone else too.

I somehow managed to have everyone’s face on the iPad and a presentation on the PC. Mostly by just clicking randomly on things.

smiffy

Do you have a Sony digital camera? Because there is software you can use, so it can be used as a webcam.

Ooh! I thought of this, what software is it?

smiffy

Ooh! I thought of this, what software is it?

What is the software for this, and how do you input video to a PC, video is only “out”, isn’t it?

shuhockey
    Free Member

Sorry thought I had responded a couple of days ago!

These two youtube videos have all the instructions.

Apple

Windows

Imaging Edge Desktop ▶ https://imagingedge.sony.net/de/ie-desktop.html
    OBS Studio ▶ https://obsproject.com
    OBS Virtual cam ▶ https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.949/

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Using mobile or iPad as webcam on pc’ is closed to new replies.