Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Used road bike for sale on the 'Bay. £10,400 reserve.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190709800006&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1414

‘s alright, I s’pose.

That bar angle, though….

And the less said about the garden the better.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This professional bike without Bradley’s history is worth a small fortune

Well, that’s a matter of opinion. I’d say it’s only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it when sold

aa
    Free Member

you’d have to be paul weller to pay that much

mudshark
    Free Member

Well it is worth a small fortune – at least £10k by the looks of things.

Anyway it

includes spare brake pads

so a good deal really.

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm.

Dunno what I think about that; it’s certainly got a value, and even to buy one would probably run you 5-6-7 grand, but the ‘won in a competition, now I’m flogging it because I’ll never use it’ angle doesn’t elicit much sympathy from me. Maybe don’t enter?

gee
    Free Member

Bit cheeky to have 2012 bike in the title and 2011 bike in the description.

So not a Tour winning bike, then.

GB

sc-xc

Bit cheeky to have 2012 bike in the title and 2011 bike in the description.

I have revised the listing today after I was contacted by Sky to inform me that it is not a 2011 bike but one of Bradley’s 2012 Bikes.

Bregante

Hmmm.

Dunno what I think about that; it’s certainly got a value, and even to buy one would probably run you 5-6-7 grand, but the ‘won in a competition, now I’m flogging it because I’ll never use it’ angle doesn’t elicit much sympathy from me. Maybe don’t enter?

The fellas been getting a bit of stick about it apparently, not least from The Sky team

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’d feel too comfortable buying a seconhand bike, it’s dirty, innit? 😕

mudshark
    Free Member

May as well sell it to someone who’ll appreciate it – not sure why he entered really but then I never enter any competitions anyway. Would be nice if some went to charidee though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

the only relationship it has to Wiggo is the sticker, . . and that’s hardly a relationship?

brakes
    Free Member

Sky… express their and apparently social media’s disappointment that I am selling it. Now I am sorry to disappoint but as an ordinary working man I cannot justify keeping such an expensive and special bike, however much I want to. Nor am I going to squeeze my 6ft1, 15 stone frame into tightly fitting Lycra and use it every now and again to keep fit

don’t blame him for selling
    🙂

jonba
    Free Member

He won it and he’s entitled to sell it. Not sure I’d keep it. If you got 5-6k for it that would keep me in bikes for a good few years. Better than sticking it the spare bedroom to gather dust.

I am debating asking if he’ll split as I only need wheels 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Too bloody right, what a cheeky bastard! Hope it doesn’t reach its reserve, greedy sod!

mashiehood
    Free Member

I don’t blame him for selling it either – look forward to racing some in Richmond Park on it. 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i thought Wiggo rides a 60cm bike frame, 56 seems a little small for a 6ft 3er?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

look forward to racing someone commuting on the Etape du Embankment in Richmond Park on it.

😉

njee20
    Free Member

Nah, small frame, massive stem innit.

Not too many folk would be able to comfortably ride it in stock guise I suspect!

mudshark
    Free Member

Should have offered it to Alan Sugar, he’d stick it on his wall I’m sure.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mudshark – Member
    Should have offered it to Alan Sugar, he’d stick it on his wall I’m sure.

Mr Sugar does indeed like his Pinarellos. He’s a Campag man though.

When loading them in to the jet, he insists that his bikes are handled with almost more care than his guests!

I know a chap who used to be his pilot! The Embraer is a proper pimpwagon! Super quiet, fast, high and very comfy.

Joe

I’d sell it as well and buy something similar which fit me. Whats the point of it sitting about? A museum piece?

allthepies
    Free Member

Couldn’t he have fitted a parachute and stepped outside for a ciggie ? 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

The smart seller would be donating a percentage to a charity say of wiggo’s choice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Said pilot never did a jump in his life! I used to jump out of aeroplanes he flew, though. 🙂

Pilot in question also spoke very highly of Sugar, apparently he’s a bit of a gent.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The smart seller would be donating a percentage to a charity say of wiggo’s choice.

that was my thoughts, but then again i’m supposed to be saving for a house deposit and charity begins at home!

crikey
    Free Member

I’d have it and ride it like I stole it, ’tis what it’s for..

allthepies
    Free Member

But what an opportunity to pop his parachuting cherry though 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No chance, he’s afraid of heights! 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

i would love to have a go on it, but i dont think i would want to keep it.

mudshark
    Free Member

Pinarellos are sized differently than most, IIRC a 53 fitted me whereas I normally ride a 56 road bike.

njee20
    Free Member

that was my thoughts, but then again i’m supposed to be saving for a house deposit and charity begins at home!

There’s a way of phrasing it though, and ‘a proportion’ could be 5% (say), rather than the blatant “I only entered the competition to make money” which is the case there!

wallop

Similar to Lapierre road bikes, my 5′ 10 friend rides a 52.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

i would love to have a go on it, but i dont think i would want to keep it.

I’ve had a 2010ish Team Sky Dogma with Di2 for a while.

I really, really didn’t want to give it back.

Kuco

As mudshark says Pinarello are sized different and recommend going down a couple of sizes.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Looks absolutely gopping to me, although the saddle height doesn’t help.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Don’t see the problem with selling it myself-he won it fair and square, and to my mind is free to do with it as he pleases. If he gets 10k for it, then that is a serious amount of cash isn’t it-not life changing, but would certainly make life more comfortable…

scaredypants

hasn’t even got those daft rotors – if it has been wiggo’s it’s not exactly come straight out from under him

I’m out

Dancake
    Free Member

I would sell it – not at a ten grand starting price though.

A one-quid-no-reserve gamble might just get people fighting for it and it might go all the way. It was free, after all.

Would donate a bit to charity too.

ell_tell
    Free Member

If it was Sagan’s Terminator paint themed Dale perhaps…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Used road bike for sale on the 'Bay. £10,400 reserve.’ is closed to new replies.