Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Used road bike for sale on the 'Bay. £10,400 reserve.
  • Marge
    Free Member

did they remove Bradleys chainrings???

tang
    Free Member

I got a mail from sky with a link to all the sell off bikes from 2011. Think they were 2k without wheels. Wheels were available on request

tonyd

Can’t blame the bloke for selling. While I’d love to own a bike like that (that fits) it would be way too much bike for me so I’d rather sell, but a nice bike for 2, 3, 4k and then trouser the rest.

highclimber
    Free Member

if he was selling because it just didn’t fit him I don’t understand why he’s set such a high reserve and starting price. I think he’d get more interest at a 99p starting no reserve.

oh wait, I get it now – he’s after the money! ahhhhhh

I hope Brad goes round with a full bladder and a pair of bombers

nealglover
    Free Member

oh wait, I get it now – he’s after the money! ahhhhhh

So what if he is ?

It’s his bike, so he can price it however he wants.

Edric64
    Free Member

Great .lucky bloke I would sell it as well and hopefully make loads ,Give some to charity why ? If I won something worth loads I would sell it as well especially if it was something like a car and worth 10 grand +

mudshark
    Free Member

So it didn’t sell, I wonder how he decided it was worth whatever he set the reserve at – and what other options he has for selling it.

captain-slow
    Free Member

I won’t pretend to understand the best way to optimise sales price on ebay, but I think it’s a bit rich of sky to say they are disappointed he’s selling it. They ran a comp in the times for publicity purposes and he won it – not the same as if they had donated it to an up and coming but down at heel athlete.

I entered a comp for a dacia duster this morning and if I win it I will certainly be looking to maximise the cash I get for it…

Duggan

He won it, he is free to sell it I don’t see a problem with that.

It’s a bit like people complaining about the Olympic torch bearers putting the torches on Ebay afterwards because it’s not ‘in the spirit of the Olympics’…given the amount of corporate sponsorship and massive corporate circus around the whole thing it seems like it’s exactly in the spirit of the Olympics to me.

brant
    Free Member
    acehtn
    Free Member

🙂
    had a peak at the bids, bike withdrawn from sale reserve not met, only got bidded up to £10,300 only 5 bids.

(i would have taken 10k for cash 🙂 )

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Used road bike for sale on the 'Bay. £10,400 reserve.’ is closed to new replies.