Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Ur boy iz Saracen
  • stevie750
    messiah
    Free Member

My wife worked with a rather thick girl with the surname “Prentice”. When she fell pregnant she continued to drink Barcadi Breezers and other Alcopops because they contained fruit juice and would be okay for the baby! Unfortunately the baby was eventually born a little damaged and despite the warning from my wife was called “Alice”.

Probably be lucky if she is an A.Prentice

headfirst
    Free Member

it’s a shame but pocahontas mcginty is a myth

yeth, I’ve heard thith too. T’ith a shame she’th never married*

*Tip of the hat to the original Muppet Movie*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, why is no one called Methuselah any more, eh? Or Adolf.

dday

A friend called in a panic asking for help in convincing his sister that Isaac was not an appropriate name for her newborn son.

Her surname was Cox.

It took a while, but she eventually twigged.

DezB
    Free Member

South Africans don’t seem to be shy of the occasional Adolf or indeed Bismark. Tough names for tough guys.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe I don’t want to know the answer but is Xanthe that strange a name?

A bit unusual maybe (though you’re the one who’s been perusing the baby name books so probably know better than me), but not strange. I suspect it’s one that people might have problems spelling or pronouncing, but I think it’s a lovely name if that helps at all.

bigyinn
    Free Member

When she fell pregnant she continued to drink Barcadi Breezers and other Alcopops because they contained fruit juice and would be okay for the baby!

Thats reason enough for compulsory sterilisation. Jesus, how can people be so stupid?

tomhoward

South Africans don’t seem to be shy of the occasional Adolf or indeed Bismark. Tough names for tough guys

I forget the actual names but there was a story about a lovely family in America, where else, who had named their kids after pretty much the entire Nazi war cabinet. They may have been white supremicists…

The kids had been taken into care IIRC.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Back in the days of uni in Birmingham I can remember one of my friends telling me about one of their mates who was a massive Villa supporter giving his daughter the name Notsa. Then many years later I employed someone here from Birmingham who told me Notsa was one of his best friends! Another friend of mine’s uncle is/was a car mechanic and called his daughter Caprina.

Over here in Germany you are not allowed to call your kids what you like. The names can only come from a registered book of names. If it doesn’t you have a whole world of bureaucracy waiting for you which we found out with our first child.

enfht
    Free Member

I used to know a girl called Jizzbucket but admittedly that may have just been her nickname.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m Christened Peter, but prefer Pete.

There’s only one Peter in my son’s school, and the headmaster couldn’t remember ever having another one. I believe the parents chose it because it was a perfectly normal name which didn’t happen to appear in the top 100 baby names list. Definitely Peter though 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a wee fella in my daughters class named aryan. His mother has blonde hair, bright blue eyes and wears what in my imagination are nazi jackboots. 😯

My mates wee boy is called John. Not many of them about now.

RustySpanner

I used to work with an Indian girl who’s son was named Aryan.
    Traditional Indian name, apparantly.

As to the Peter thing, I’m 43 and there were loads of us when I was at school.
    Lots of Pauls, Michaels and Davids too.

Not so popular these days.

LenHankie

qwerty – Member
    I know of two Malena, which to me is the medical term for a black poo with old blood in it!

That’s my mate’s wife’s name…I felt it best not to say anything.

julians
    Free Member

There is a zebedee (boy) and meadow (girl) at my sons nursery

CountZero

Because you give them the choice.
    Using the diminutive as the given name is just selfish and infantilising.
    (In my opinion, of course )

Christ, you sound like Liz Jones, the mad bat who writes for the Daily Wail; she’s always bleating about ‘infantilising’. 🙄

Cougar

On the upside though, at least he doesn’t read the Daily Mail.

murf
    Free Member

Most original name I’ve heard is my mates friends wee boy who is called Shadow.
    I bite my lip to stop from smiling when he is being disciplined!

aracer
    Free Member

Christ, you sound like Liz Elizabeth Jones, the mad bat who writes for the Daily Wail; she’s always bleating about ‘infantilising’.

RustySpanner

Christ, you sound like Liz Jones, the mad bat who writes for the Daily Wail; she’s always bleating about ‘infantilising’.

Well, in my opinion, naming kids with the diminutives normally used for babies and pets could be described as infantalising.

There, that’s the second time I’ve used that word on here in seven years.

Care to debate the point or just throw another insult? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rusty you seem upset , shall i sign you a lullaby ? 😉

RustySpanner

I’ve just broken two guitar strings. 🙁

Sign me a lullaby?

Ooooh go on.

I love that sign lady on BBC that works on the insomniac shift.
    I bet you’re not as good as she is. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

shall i sign you a lullaby

He’s cranky, not deaf, junky.

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure i can sign my response yah bastards 😀

seadog101

My wife worked with a Mr and Mrs Down. Nothing bad there you think?

They had twin boys – Ben and Neil….

🙄

somafunk

There’s a doctor in Castle Douglas with the first name of “Donald”, you may say that’s not strange but his surname is………wait for it…………. Duck!.

Welcome Dr Donald Duck / Dr Donald Duck to resuscitation ………….giggle..giggle…

As for kids names my mates have used the following for their kids,

Poppy and Scarlet (nice names, suit the kids)
    Nico (his dads greek so he gets away with it)
    Tazmin (Taz for short and Tazmanian devil by her nature)
    Paige and Josh (pretty normal)
    Rebecca and Harry (normal)
    Anna and Emma (normal)

There’s a “Storm Huntley’ who reads the traffic reports on Radio Scotland, would be even better if she also read the weather and had “hunter” for a surname.

JoeG
    Free Member

I understand that names in one language may have a totally different and unintended meaning in another language.

But for english speaking parents in the US, Shithead (pronounced sha-theed) has to be the worst! 😯

zokes
    Free Member

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I worked with a guy who had two sons :- one called Noel (normal name) and the other Leon (again normalish name) took me a wile to notice too.

hora
    Free Member

Saracen is a name steeped in history.

At our nursery: Thor. I l’d have that name for mi sen 8)

I wanted to call Hora junior Felix 🙁

TooTall
    Free Member

In a hotel in Cambridge a few years ago. Fairly crowded dining room for breakfast, usual low level chatter. This was broken by a loud American mother to her young son:

“John-Thomas – sit down. John-Thomas, if you want to have eggs you need to sit down NOW!”

You could see people across the room doing that ‘did I hear her properly’ face. As she repeated it a couple more times, those that did hear it put their heads down and shoulders started shaking with laughter. I hope that kid never comes back to the UK when he is older.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Taught a lad last week called Grade, also know of a lad named Doope (pronounced Dupe) & a girl named Peaches.

thegreatape
    Free Member

One of our local worthies has Armani (daughter) and Diesel (son). His favourite brands of trousers I am reliably informed.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I used to know a girl called Jizzbucket but admittedly that may have just been her nickname.

She wasn’t from Lewis, Outer Hebrides, by any chance was she? Possibly an associate of

Maggie Horse (owns a horse)
    Murdo Wellies (wears wellies)
    Emily Big Tits (you know, she’s got reeeeally biiiiig tits)
    Maggie-Joan Splatterpants (once pissed herself)
    John-Roddie Ballrash (first in his year to get pubes)

Whilst not (I hope) their actual birth certificate names, they are known exclusively by these.

hora
    Free Member

Grade and Meadow- whats wrong with those names?!

Sick of the usual British-bland disciples names (I have one of them FFS).

chakaping
    Free Member

Saracen is a name steeped in history.

Only if the middle names are Kili and Flyer.

joao3v16
    Free Member

youngest son … maybe 10 … helping his mum by counting the ticks on exam papers … Suddenly he pipes up “mum, why do all the lowest marks go to kids with stupid names?”.

Inciteful child. He will go far! 😀

hora
    Free Member

If I had another son I’d definitely go with either Arthur, Felix or Darklord Destroyer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

hora – Member

Grade and Meadow- whats wrong with those names?!

Sick of the usual British-bland disciples names (I have one of them FFS).
    Didn’t know whineycockbag was the name of disciple? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Ur boy iz Saracen’ is closed to new replies.