Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Upgrade Bikes and Pivot – what a bunch of…
  • euain

…customer service heroes.

I found a crack in my Pivot Mach 5.7c front triangle a few weeks after its 3rd birthday (and the end of its 3yr warranty). Typical,eh?

Now, I’m not a light chap and the bike and I have had plenty of adventures together so maybe it’s not too unreasonable. Still, I love the bike so I dropped Upgrade Bikes a note with some pictures and asked if there was anything they could do to help me – hoping/expecting an offer of a discount on the triangle.

A few friendly emails and less than 3 weeks later, DPD have just dropped off a brand new front triangle. All it’s cost me is the postage to send my old one back to them. The did apologise that they only had Black/Green rather than my original’s Black/Cyan – like I was going to be fussy about that!

Anyway – shout out to both Pivot and Upgrade for looking after me so well. So many stories of rubbish customer service about, nice to have a good one to shout about. I’m sure it would have been cheaper and easier for them to fob me off but instead, they went the extra mile to get me back on the trails. Can’t wait to get the bike put back together – 26 ain’t dead!

Speshpaul

Nice one.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Good to hear about quality after sales.

superstu
    Free Member

good stuff, refreshing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good to know. Thinking about a new frame at the moment and this bumps the Pivot up the list a bit 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Good to know.

I have a Pivot Mach 5.7c too!

ajantom

They were extremely helpful when I had a bearing issue with my then new DMR Bolt. Good guys.

gonesailing
    Free Member

Fantastic customer service, Upgrade are Excellent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade Bikes and Pivot – what a bunch of…’ is closed to new replies.