Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Updated Singletrack App instructions for iPad and Android
  • patricksingletrack
    Free Member

We’ve just published updated instructions for the Magazine App
    [list]
    [*]iPad instructions[/*]
    [*]Android instructions[/*]
    [/list]

iPhone instructions will follow but are similar to iPad

Remember, the MagArchive remains available for PDFs, Flash, ePub and Kindle

Pook

It’s grand – but why isn’t the app icon appearing on my iPad desktop once I’ve installed it? I have to go through the app store to access it

Mark

It will be in your newsstand folder. That’s an Apple thing. Apple have decided that all magazines and news papers WILL be grouped in this folder, like it or not.

Mark

The current release of our App is averaging 4.5 stars out of 5 in the iTunes App store 🙂

And no, those reviews aren’t all by my Mum.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I type in Singletrack Magazine into play store search but it doesn’t show up- I’m using an android phone

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

apparently its incompatable with my device – 👿

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

stAn-Bad Brains MBC can you tell me what device and Android version you are using?

perthmtb
    Free Member

I know I’m in the minority, but any likelihood of having a Windows 8 phone version sometime? Pretty please…

doubledunter
    Free Member

I keep getting “internal error” when trying to access through the app, downloaded issue 83 ok

doubledunter
    Free Member

Cancel that..sorted..

PHC
    Free Member

I’m also getting the “internal error” message when entering my details in the app. I’ve emailed pocketmags to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

kcal

Getting ‘internal error’ whether I enter email (as specified) or username (as specified).

Have downloaded 82 but would like to see 84 — anyone help?

thanks
    Callum

foureyes
    Free Member

Hi I have my sub working in the ipad app thanks, can I get it in the iphone too? It asks me to log in but afaik I haven’t registered with pocket mags? Something happened when I opted in but if that created an account how do I use it in the iphone app? Cheers!

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi All,
    PHC, kcal and foureyes – Can you email me at tech@singletrackworld.com if you are having issues with your subscription/app.
    I’m in the office 9-5 Monday-Friday and will happily sort out these issues

perthmtb – Sorry, no Windows 8 Phone app in the medium term. I’ll talk to the developers but the numbers of users of Windows 8 are so low it’s not economically viable for most app development. You can use the MagArchive which includes PDF, ePub, and Kindle versions of the mags. We think the ePub works great on all smart phones.

kcal

ok, patrick — will try and do that. it’s not a priority but thanks for the response.

Callum

kcal

still got problems I’m afraid. You should have another email 🙁

foureyes
    Free Member

Hi Patrick, i replied but i haven’t had a response yet, will recheck the spams, cheers

bigholty
    Free Member

Evening all , just trying to activate my account and its asking for my activation key ?? , ive paid for full subscription , i clicked on the e-mail activate link and it says There was an error activating your account, please try again.
    Also when trying to use the App its asking for a sub key ( i assume it means subscription key ) is it sent at a later date ie with 24 hours via e-mail, any idea’s

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Sorry, been a bit busy lately and also had major tech problems yesterday.

PHC was sorted out 2 weeks ago.

kcal: Was sorted out last week.

foureyes: Your issue is a bit more complicated and I’ve sought advice from PocketMags last week. I’ll chase them again today. sorry about the delay.

bigholty: It takes a few hours until everything is synced up. You’ve now got your sub number and you can access it here http://singletrackworld.com/premier/account/
    You should be able to use the app now

kcal

can confirm I’ve now got sorted, yes, thanks..

foureyes
    Free Member

no probs thanks for chasing them

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi Patrick, Sarah said you’d be dropping me a line about getting the app working.

Haven’t been able to read the last few mags.

bigholty
    Free Member

Thanks Patrick , all sorted now
    thanks

foureyes
    Free Member

HI Patrick, did you hear back from them yet please? thanks

nickb

Hi Patrick (and/or anyone else at STW that can help)

I’m still having issues with the STW app on iPad. Was working fine on iOS6 (although it took a while to get it working and needed help at your end). My iPad was reset when upgraded to iOS 7, and I’m now getting the same issues I had initially…

I’m a print and digital subscriber, but when in the app, I click on Subscriptions, enter my email address (username) and sub number and I get the error:
    “Someone else has already activated this Subscription. For more information, please contact our Customer Services – help@pocketmags.com.”

I think my account needs to be reset at either STW or pocketmags – can you help?

Thanks
    Nick

ps – I’ve already sent a couple of email over the last 2-3 days to pocketmags, who haven’t been particularly helpful…

Tom
    Free Member

Please try the lost password link at Pocketmags and check your email:

http://www.pocketmags.com/forgotpassword.aspx

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

hi foureyes,
    Finally heard back and I think I can clarify things.

When you use the methods linked to above the following happens:

If you are logged into the app with a pocketmags account everything will be fine and you should be anle to use multiple devices to access your sub.

If you are not logged in and activate your sub, you effectively create a temporary account on your device. If you want to use a second (or third) device you need to create and account within the app on the same device you activated with

If this doesn’t work for you, email me directly at tech@singletrackworld.com

I_did_dab
    Free Member

can’t see the menu icon on Samsung Galaxy GTS5830i so can’t install my subscription 😥

nickb

@Tom – that worked. Many thanks.

Nick

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

I_did_dab – Can you email us at tech@singletrackworld.com

foureyes
    Free Member

excellent! thanks Patrick that did the trick

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Updated Singletrack App instructions for iPad and Android’ is closed to new replies.