Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Unofficial-looking shops in Google Shopping results
  • Superficial
    Free Member

What do you think about unofficial-looking shops in Google Shopping results? I’m after a specific computer monitor and some of the prices are a fair bit cheaper than E.g. Amazon. But I don’t recognise any of the retailers.

Google Shopping Link

On Amazon, the price last week was £469 (IIRC) so the prices advertised are plausible. But the sites involved look decidedly like pop-up shops that may be unreliable. Even on Amazon (now at £525), it says the order is fulfilled by ComputerPirates.co.uk.

It’s worth noting that if there are E.g. dead pixels etc the monitor may have to be returned so I’d prefer to buy from a reputable source.

So: am I safe buying from these sites or should I steer clear and cough up a bit more to buy from Amazon?

maccruiskeen

I guess amazon solves all problems by asking no questions and giving you your money back (and taking no steps to prevent it happening again)

so I guess you can check out the seller reviews on Amazon and buy through them even if it’s fulfilled a third party shop

zilog6128

A couple of the cheapest ones (Grooves.land & Sotel) are German I believe. GL has OK (although not great) reviews on TrustPilot. Probably be OK, personally I’d always rather spend a bit more & buy direct from Amazon etc unless the potential saving was massive. If you pay on CC or PayPal you’d always get your money back if it went wrong, obviously more of a ball ache though.

kelron
    Free Member

They’re often smaller retailers that just don’t have the same presence as Amazon, totally legitimate. I don’t find Google shopping results to be particularly helpful most of the time though.

Superficial
    Free Member

Well, Amazon is currently ~ £60 more expensive so I’m leaning towards one of these cheaper sites. If it was £20-30 I’d be tempted to just buy from Amazon.

What shopping search sites are better than Google Shopping?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Unofficial-looking shops in Google Shopping results’ is closed to new replies.