– My iPhone 6 died, Apple declared it non repairable (It was about 18 months old and in excellent condition).
– My O2 contract was due for renewal so I had a new iPhone 7 delivered by O2
– My wife’s iPhone 5c died. Apple declared it non repairable (It was only 16 months old and in ‘excellent’ condition)
– I took both faulty handsets to Apple who offered a new/replacement 5C for £199.00 or a new/replacement – iPhone 6 for £229.00. I opted for the new/replacement iPhone 6
– The new/replacement handset has been delivered and is locked to O2 because the original was also locked to O2.
– My wife has a Vodaphone contract, Vodaphone say they can’t register the handset
– Apple say they can’t unlock the handset
– O2 tell me that the IMEI number does not match their records and then cut me off
Is there any other way to get an iPhone 6 unlocked?
If you just want it unlocked to all providers then you should be able to get it unlocked down the market by the guys who sell phone cases for a small free – less than £20. You shouldn’t have to do it though as the original provider should do it for free if you can sort out their records of IMEI’s!