Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Unexpected saddle sores
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Same saddle (Charge spoon) and shorts combo that i’ve done hundreds/thousands of miles on (inc a few century rides) with no problem and on a few different bikes (road and mtb) – but put on a new bike and 32mile ride last night and saddle sores.

What’s to blame? Slight different position as different frame/bike meaning chaffing in different place? That would make sense if i only ever ran that saddle/shorts on one bike, but all bikes have the same saddle.

Or just the heat yesterday?

c_klein87

I’ve had similar problems this year, never been an issue to me previously, multiple bikes and saddles but this year i seem very susceptible to them. In you case checking the bike fit is the same across all bikes is a good place to start, but with anything each saddle won’t be exactly the same, worth sanity checking the rails aren’t bent etc

ferrals
    Free Member

I’ve had saddle sores recently using same bike with saddle not moved and my regular shorts. I am jsut assuming the unexpected heat means more sweat. Chamois cream has solved issue

DezB
    Free Member

Same here – same saddle for a year of commuting, then much pain. I’m pretty damn sure it’s the heat. Never had it like this in decades of riding!

Chamois cream not solved it for me, in fact, I think it made it worse because the heat can’t escape so well.

Athlete’s foot powder is working better and changing shorts immediately after rides/staying clean.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me. Doesn’t sound like reason enough to rush out and buy a new saddle, perhaps just check fit/adjustment and cream up!

benman
    Free Member

I concur! Had exactly the same this year – started off when on a week of hot weather riding in Spain. With saddle / shorts that I’ve ridden hundreds of miles on.

I’ve then had it on and off for the rest of the summer.

epicyclo

Hot weather festering the bacteria in your chamois?

DezB
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me.

I actually wish it was just you. It’s making my life a misery! 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Same here. I’d put it down to the fact that I’m riding loads in the good weather but I guess it could be the heat.

Bolt

Almost certainly the heat, have used metanium cream on the area which seems to work really well.

PrinceJohn

Have you changed your washing powder?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Unexpected saddle sores’ is closed to new replies.