Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • understanding new geometry, relative to my current bike
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Just trying to get a handle on these numbers. and basically what are the big changes every one is on about these days.

I got the measuring tape out, here are what I guess are the important numbers.

Frame(top of the actual frame) reach x stack = 415 x 565mm.

effective reach and stack (from the bottom of the stem) = 395 x 610mm(could maybe say 600 or 605 possibly the stem isn’t the tallest) (with this, I tend to have the saddle back almost as far as it’ll go on the rails)

I’ve got a 45mm zero rise stem on there.

wheel base is 1100mm

bb drop is -20mm.

That’s what I’ve measured, these other numbers are from the manufacturer:

frame 17.5″

seat tube length: 445mm

top tube horizontal: 585mm

headtube 110mm

headangle 69.5

seat angle 73.5

chainstay 42

bb height 310mm.

Wheels are 26in, 2.4s

Just curious what’s the massive changes in geometry and what will a slacker 27.5 bike change about these numbers?

seosamh77
    Free Member

essentially, if you were to adjust the above numbers, to conform to the latest ideas, what would you change about the above?

chiefgrooveguru

Are these static numbers for a hardtail?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Yes, hardtail 120mm fork. never owed a full sus(what do I need to know about that?) nor do I really know anything about geometry numbers, just trying to understand them, get that reach and stack are the fit of a bike, and that steep angles = old , and slack angles = new, beyond that, dunno. Why I’d like to get a sense in relation to what I currently ride.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘understanding new geometry, relative to my current bike’ is closed to new replies.