Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ultrafire SSC 1200 Lights (missing instructions) – Help, please!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

I recently jumped on the cheap light band-wagon and purchased a Ultrafire SSC 1200 light. The instructions are not in the box and I have never used any of these rechargeable-type lights before.

I have a charger, a battery and a light (as well as some mounting bits).

Is it just as simple as connecting the battery to charger and charging for the recommended time. Then plug the battery into the light and off we go?

Do I need to take the battery out of it’s pouch-thing to charge to be on the ‘safe side’?

Are there any requirements like needing to fully use the first charge to help with overall battery life – or anything else like this?

Are there any definite no-nos with regards to the order you do things – i.e. making sure the mains is not on when you connect the leads?

Can the battery be put in a pack during use as a helmet light, or is there a risk of overheating?

I’m probably being dumb, but I don’t want to burn my house down, ruin my new light or anything else?

cyclistm
    Free Member

You are overthinking it a bit.

Plug the charger into the battery, if the led is green its done. If its red it needs charging.

Enjoy

dannyh
    Free Member

Sound advice from cyclistm. Especially the ‘enjoy’ bit.

Just been out on my first night ride – thought I’d jump in at the deep end and go solo, but soon came across six other blokes out on a ride as well.

As the sun went down, I cranked the lights up. For the first 45 mins or so, I just couldn’t trust my knowledge of trails I have been riding for six years! However, by the end, I was going pretty quick and using ‘the force’ a bit.

Absolutely brilliant, and on a purely logistical note, it has opened up all sorts of extra riding possibilities whilst trying to fit in around work, family etc.

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get involved!

smudge
    Free Member

also, best to pop the batteries into the charger and THEN switch the charger on at the mains.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can now also confirm that this light is crash-proof following a thumping over-the-bars at speed on Sunday evening.

Lost my line avoiding what seemed to be a ‘trail vigilante’ booby trap, and ploughed on – came to low tree stump, got over that alright, but not the embedded rock just behind it……….

Industrial strength Cuprofen for the next few days and back on Thur-Fri!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ultrafire SSC 1200 Lights (missing instructions) – Help, please!’ is closed to new replies.