• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ullock Pike info
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Is it possible to Push (Ride) up to Ullock Pike without coming off the back of Skiddaw?
    Rode this route last time and the Mrs was not best pleased.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/885487814

As you can imagine I got it for dragging her off the top of the mountain. lol
    she said she’d happily do Ullock Pike again.

possible to ride along the road to Millbeck then up from there?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yes you can park up at the bottom of Dodd Wood in a layby just off the A591, if I remember right.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Here’s one option:

Google Maps Link

bigwill
    Free Member

Instead of starting the push up at millbeck ride into Dodds wood and pick up the footpath at the back of it, that would join up with the millbeck path. It will get you higher up on a bike. There are also a couple of trails in the woods. I couldn’t tell you exactly where the path is in the woods, but it’s at the back ( eastern end) of the wood.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Yes, you can carry up Carlside from either Millbeck or from Dodd Wood.
    I’ve done both.
    Personally, I thought Carlside direct from Millbeck was an absolute pig (but then it was the second big carry of the day, having just done Blencathra)
    If you are insistent on avoiding the scree slope off the top of Skiddaw, then Dodd Wood is probably the better of the two remaining options.

SOAP
    Free Member

So which is the better option yellow or blue ?

bigwill
    Free Member

Neither. start in the car park at Dodds wood follow the forest road that runs along the stream that then joins your blue line.

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks Bigwill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ullock Pike info’ is closed to new replies.