Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • uk holiday place on a beach………..help.
  • ton

i want a beach holiday in the uk in august.
    can anyone reccommend a place to rent on a beach, or very near one.

long shot i know……… 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

I take it you are not talking about Hoseasons caravans?

ton

deffo……… 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Location choice? There are some sublime beaches in Pembrokeshire if that's not too far off.

ton

anywhere to be honest

oxnop
    Free Member

Northumberland – Beaches around Bamburgh/Ross Sands etc

EDIT – Ross Sands is overcrowded and rubbish – i think the oil from the BP leak is starting to wash up around Bamburgh too! 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You really reckon people are going to publish nice beach locations on the internet !?!?

Ps My hot tip would be Blackpool

Harry_the_Spider

How many in your party? We've done a few good cottage rentals recently.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Northumberland's a peach of a spot! Shame the Ship at Low Netwon no longer has the cottage! (I think).

ton

3 and maybe the pooch.

oxnop
    Free Member

shame the Ship at Low Netwon no longer has the cottage! (I think).

I've spent many a christmas/New year in one of those cottages right on the beach – nice food in the Ship too 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

got it… r u listening very carefully..lol how about hiring a 'beach hut' on Abersoch beach wales… dude you are on the beach !!! surfin hotspot ! lol

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shhh! Don't tell too many people about it! 😉

Harry_the_Spider
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    LeeW

I'm off to the Gower in August, Great beaches (Dog friendly) and it's pretty quiet too.

CountZero

Well, Burnham-on-Sea/Berrow/Brean in Somerset are on a beach that's around six miles long, Brean Down is lovely to walk on, with views across to Cardiff and North Devon. I love it there, used to go there as a kid, and walk for miles along the beach. You have to be careful of the tides, it has one of the highest tidal ranges in the world, around thirty feet, IIRC, and there's very dangerous mudflats if you venture too far out, like far too many grockles do and get stuck, or their cars do. Stay on the sand and it's great, there are kite boarders there, and a lot of the beach is empty of people. Beesands in South Devon near Kingsbridge is lovely, but very small and tricky to get to. There's b&b at the Cricket Inn in the village and in Beeson just up the hill, and Torcross and Slapton Sands are also pretty close.

Edric64
    Free Member

The cottages that are part of the Lizard lighthouse are rented out .That's a stunning location

druidh
    Free Member

How about a wooden wigwam at Big Sand near Gairloch.

Or there are some great holiday lets along the Arisaig/Mallaig coast.

stevemakin

if there's toddlers then Anglsey is hard to beat for beaches

big_scot_nanny

I still love woolacombe in North Devon, went as a kid when I was wee, then back as a teenager, then back with my kids. Always at woolacombe bay hotel, which has lost some of it's shine, but the self catering appartments are very good.

Kev

lowey

Broad Haven in Pembrokeshire.

Durness on the north coast of Scotland.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

got it… r u listening very carefully..lol how about hiring a 'beach hut' on Abersoch beach wales… dude you are on the beach !!! surfin hotspot ! lo

Thing is its a bit like Rock in Cornwall full of over privileged dickheads!

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

St Davids – loads of amazing beaches nearby, and it is britains smallest city, I love the place in fact i love all of Pembrokeshire!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Somewhere in Salcombe sort of area? Wont be cheap though.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

oh and we stayed here last time

http://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/holiday-cottage-uk-images2007new.asp?cottageref=21011

walking distance to the beach & short drive into St Davids

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Whitsand Bay, SE Cornwall.

Beautiful and relatively quiet due to the hike down the cliffs (although you also need a decent level of personal mobility). Gets a decent wave and has mega snorkelling at the East end around Polhawn. Also has free parking on the cliff-top (very rare in the Westcountry).

Fancy some riding too? The coast path is quite fun and Plymouth/Dartmoor isn't far away (~20-30mins).

http://www.whitsandbayvisitor.co.uk/

EDIT: Forgot the SCUBA: http://www.bestofsecornwall.co.uk//activities/dive-scylla/dive-scylla.htm

teagirl
    Free Member

Not read all this ton, but if you fancy Cornwall, try St Ives Bay Holiday park at Hayle. Is 3 miles of beach enough? Big caravans or take a tent and it's set ampngst the dunes.

uplink
    Free Member

This is a great place – has it's own beach too

http://www.motheriveysbay.com/index.html

Drac

Northumberland is highly recommended.

Embleton
    Alnmouth
    Craster
    Low Newton still has holiday lets if not then Newton by the sea will
    Beadnel

http://www.northumberland-coast.co.uk/php/DisplayDBLowNewton.php

Been warned though low newton is extremely popular now. Went the other week in the school holidays and it was jammed full never seen it as busy.

yunki
    Free Member

Treyarnon Bay in Cornwall is very good if a little remote.. Theres a couple of cottages and houses to let 50 yards from the beach…
    The beach itself is pretty spectacular.. better than average surf but never overcrowded.. with a stream running dow the centre and miles of rocky coastline in each direction and a huge natural rockpool that serves as a swinmming pool.. great as base for riding the crazy coastal suff and very eerie at night if a fog falls too..

For a more town based holiday Exmouth in Devon has some new nice beach front appartments..with a large estuary and sandy beaches and a good stretch of SW coast path that has world heritage status.. (very cheeky then really but good fun and the ramblers seem friendly enough IME).. plus you're close to Exeter if it takes your fancy and Dartmoor is a 20 minute drive away..

vd

Southwold/Walberswick in Suffolk. Sand, lighthouse, theatre, Adnams beer, Marshes, woods, heath, great pubs, quiet, oldfashioned novelty pier

Ashley
    Free Member

Poole/Bournemouth area for excellent beaches – Need to google search but a few rental places down there.

grynch
    Free Member

this is our neighbors cottage.. not exactly on the beach.. about a half hour drive to Looe.. but it is available.

http://www.helpfulholidays.com/property.asp?ref=R65

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I'm going to a place called Cove below Dunbar, near a beach with nice walks, so should be good!

shaggmiester
    Free Member

perronporth sands darn in cornwall, or barmouth, best beaches in tha world!!!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Brancaster/Holkham area on the North Norfolk coast. Completely un crowded even on a bank holiday.
    Some lovely little villages around. good pubs, plenty of birds/seals etc to see.

I spent my summers as a child up there with the grandparents. loved it.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

sennen cove… 100 year old fishing cottage, just finishing major restoration, bags of character and on the beach with stunning views.

we've got openings in august, website still in developement but major revamp due within 2 weeks (plumbers finish on monday)…

the pilchard store in sennen cove

email me for more info, and if you or anyone else from stw makes a booking i'll make a donation to the stw beer fund.

p.s. for what its worth, i've been working there all week and as i've an evening off i'm heading back again with the kids to play on the beach. it is that lovely!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘uk holiday place on a beach………..help.’ is closed to new replies.