Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • UK Fat Bike Contingent ~ 6th-7th October ~ North Yorkshire
  • gil_

UK Fat bike “contingent” are having a meeting/gathering/ride over the weekend 5th-7th October, it’s based around a camp site in the middle of the North Yorkshire Moors, I hasten to add this is a “grass roots” event, this has plus sides as well as negatives..

Pluses, no entry fee, a good group of people turning up and enjoying themselves riding a 20’ish mile moorland route on Saturday and some beach time fun on Sunday, this is not an endurance event or race in any way, just turn up and take it as seriously as you want, have fun :~)

Negatives, you do everything at your own risk, the organisers take no responsibility for injury or loss, basically this is real world, take your own risks and join the event knowing this. Maps, GPS routes way marked trails will not be included, we will do our best to keep everybody together but you are responsible for yourself and most of the areas have very poor on No Mobile Coverage

If that hasn’t put you off and you have a Fat bike (3.8 tyre or larger Back and Front) and you’re free the 1st weekend of October drop me an email (in profile) and I will fill you in

druidh
    Free Member

This would be a good chance for the fat-curious to pop along, see a wide variety of fatbikes, chat with their owners and maybe try one out. Don’t worry, we won’t tell your friends you came along 🙂

gil_

…and it’s not true, we won’t cut your body up and sell you to the Chinese 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Boo! I’m away. And my bike remains broken 🙁

coastkid
    Free Member

Aye heading down with Jason on the Friday 🙂
    Dogs welcome too 😉
    Even haterz too 😀

stevemakin

bah humbug …

🙁

coastkid
    Free Member

Can you not make it Steve?, be great to see you 🙂

charliedontsurf

Isn’t an endomorph a 3.7… Jeez you are so damned cliquey.

gil_

Seeing as it’s you Charlie we’ll let you in with your undersized Endomorph…

You of all people should know they are so last year 😉

itstig

Mrs and I spotted the fat bikers on the beach at Whitby this after. All clustered around the landrover icecream van on the beach before they headed off towards Sandsend. I don’t think the weather this weekend could have been any better!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I know the lucky sod’s picked a great one and I couldn’t make it

Woody
    Free Member

How did I miss this when it was first posted AND I’m not working …………..gutted 😥

munrobiker
    Free Member

I saw you all out today riding towards the Abbey steps in Whitby (I was the one in the car with the bike rack). Looked like a stunning day for a ride, I knew it’d be something to do with this forum.

My girlfriend would like you to explain what on EARTH is wrong with your bikes to her 😉 .

druidh
    Free Member

Your girlfriend? Does your Missus know about her?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    munrobiker » My girlfriend would like you to explain what on EARTH is wrong with your bikes to her .
    Your girlfriend? Does your Missus know about her?

Was about to say, he can’t have borked his own marriage….

Can he? 😕

munrobiker
    Free Member

Woah. Er, erm, yeah. My WIFE.

(I’m not used to it yet)

coastkid
    Free Member

Was a good weekend… 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqynvq7fs3I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘UK Fat Bike Contingent ~ 6th-7th October ~ North Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.