Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Ugly babies
  • alpin
    Free Member

Had a surprise visit from friends with their new baby. First time I’ve properly seen it without it being tucked up under blankets.

What an odd looking thing. Struggling to see why as neither parent has such extreme features… 😁

Struggle to see the attraction that new born babies have.

alpin
    Free Member

Bumping

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

All babies are ugly some in more distinct ways than others but they are all ugly.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Struggle to see the attraction that new born babies have.

They don’t really.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well it’s because their head has been squashed coming out of a vagina.  Hope I don’t get banned for saying the word vagina, perhaps I should say fanny instead.

My babies were beautiful, it is a default parental response. But of course they really were beautiful, despite coming out of a vagina.

sobriety
    Free Member

All newborns look like tiny angry Winston Churchills. It’s just the way of it.

fasthaggis

ste_t
    Free Member

I turned around to look at mine as it was lifted like the lion king and my face must have been a sight. Ugly as sin. Luckily she got better looking, but unfortunately she’s a massive dickhead like her father

franksinatra

What an odd thing to post. Made odder by the fact that you bumped the thread 1 min after posting as you didn’t get an immediate reaction.

matt_outandabout

*resists posting a photo of his three sons*

🤣

alpin
    Free Member

Bumped, not for the lack of attention, rather because the forum demands it if you want your topic to appear.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Made odder by the fact that you bumped the thread 1 min after posting as you didn’t get an immediate reaction.

I think it’s down to a forum upgrade where threads don’t appear. Seen quite a few that have been bumped by the poster shortly after posting.

My daughter looked like a purple sausage when she was born. Can’t say I thought she was beautiful to me straight away.

tomd
    Free Member

If you genuinely don’t get it, remember the only two acceptable responses when new parents show you their baby:

1. Wow, that is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

If you can’t muster the above.

2. [delete as appropriate] He / she / it looks just like mother / father. Aww.

Babies are cool though. Especially their amazing grip strength – capable of pulling out a clump of chest hair at 3 minutes old.

Northwind

Friends of mine proudly showed me their kid. I managed “she’s got your eyes”- unfortunately her dad’s about 1mm away from being a cyclops, he looks like he’s had a horrible industrial accident. Her mum just sighed and said, yes, she does.

Human babies are shit tbh. Compare them with, frinstance, an elephant baby and it’s just no contest. They’re not even as good as baby owls- they’re sort of equally hideous but at least owls are funny

Cougar

Is there any other kind? I don’t get it either, I’d rather have a kitten.

I think it’s down to a forum upgrade where threads don’t appear.

Is that still a thing? I thought it’d been fixed weeks ago.

james-rennie

I have 4 children, three were regular ugly babies, the fourth and last was fantastically ugly as a baby, but she’s now a very cute 11 year old.
    Actually #3 wasn’t just ugly, he also looked weird, he was massive and looked like he was wearing a Beatles wig.

MoreCashThanDash

Kids are like farts- your own are wonderful, beautiful and amusing, everyone elses are foul

jam-bo

all babies are ugly.

by that point you can’t really send it back.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is there any other kind? I don’t get it either, I’d rather have a kitten

For several reasons, I imagine the midwife would find the kitten the least surprising or amusing part of that.

sirromj

Bumping

Don’t do that it’ll look even worse!

fooman

My baby was so ugly when it was born the midwife slapped the mother.

Actually the truth is people said how beautiful my baby was, and therefore how unlikely it was I could be the father.

tjagain

all babies are ugly. thank oxytocin – the hormone that has been preventing infanticide since we climbed out of the trees.

fruitbat

2. [delete as appropriate] He / she / it looks just like mother / father. Aww.

Looking like Dad

TiRed

ULKLLP 😉

hugo
    Free Member

perhaps I should say fanny instead.

No, you really shouldn’t, it’s not 1986.

Sometimes babies also have congenital conditions, much like my friends. This made those people making snide comments feel pretty bad in hindsight.

easily
    Free Member

I think babies are pretty cool, and I usually think they’re nice looking as well,

Never had one of my own, maybe that’s why.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Children and farts, you’re only interested in your own.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Puppies have a certain smell to them, I’m not sure babies do. I’d rather have a puppy.

beinbhan

What do you think ET was based on

Olly
    Free Member

alpin

Bumping

won’t have helped

bentandbroken

A lot of people said my lad looked just like me. He was fat, bald and grumpy looking, so I guess they had a point.

tthew

Puppies have a certain smell to them, I’m not sure babies do.

Oh they do. My missis loves sniffing babies.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My missis loves sniffing babies

Is she, or has she ever been, the primary occupant of a gingerbread house?

jamj1974

Sometimes I worry about you lot on here…

thejesmonddingo

If you think a baby is ugly,you can just say so. If a baby thinks you are ugly, all it can do is pull faces, scream and cry. Do they all do that to you Alpin?

alpin
    Free Member

If a baby thinks you are ugly, all it can do is pull faces, scream and cry. Do they all do that to you Alpin?

Not this particular baby… Yet.

I’m almost guaranteed to make the GF’s nieces cry when we see them, though. They’re not babies, mind. 6 & 10,but soft as shite.

funkmasterp

Puppies have a certain smell to them, I’m not sure babies do. I’d rather have a puppy.

My kids are now three and seven and I still like sniffing their heads. They smell ace, not sure why.

Not all babies are ugly hence why a friend of mine coined the term lie baby to describe ugly ones. Wherein you lie to the parent about their offspring that resembles Kuato from Total Recall

jamj1974

My kids are now three and seven and I still like sniffing their heads. They smell ace, not sure why.

I felt the same about my pre-teenage children.

Not all babies are ugly hence why a friend of mine coined the term lie baby to describe ugly ones. Wherein you lie to the parent about their offspring that resembles Kuato from Total Recall

Genius! 😂😂😂

bigrich

my babies were beautiful, but I do not give a poo about any other.

I was down in the trenches for both, I get flashbacks sometimes

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Ugly babies’ is closed to new replies.