Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • UCI Cyclocross World Championship
  • Klunk
    Free Member

looking like a belgium 1-2-3

scaredypants

was hoping for a bit more of a tussle 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

;-(

I really wanted VdP to win, he’s been dominant in the WC and I couldn’t see past him for the win.. thought VA had had it TBH..

Is sad.

Klunk
    Free Member

it was a bit of a demolition job in the end, if it was a boxing match they would have stopped it in the 3rd

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Van Aert was always gonna win this one, punchy and powerful rider and great runner.  VdP doesn’t like to race from the back foot and Van Aert was just awesome today.  2’15” winning margin was nearly 1/4 of a lap!

I was watching live on the steep bank and the 1st time across the mud you could see Van Aert as the winner.

dovebiker

Awesome riding by WvA – the way he pulled away from MvdP on that first muddy drag was pretty ominous…winning the WC for the third time at 24 is pretty remarkable. Apparently his team’s got a wildcard entry to Paris-Roubaix.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Anyone seen the womens elite? I see Pauline Ferrand-Prevot didn’t even crack the top ten. Recently, both her and Neff’s camps were making noise about how good each riders form was.. and then they clattered each other in Hoogerheide last week. Real shame, especially for Neff who will probably miss the first XCO race of the season as a result.

Wonder how much that crash affected PFP’s performance today.

cchris2lou

any repeat of the men elite ?

cant find it on youtube .

jonba
    Free Member

brassneck

Well that puts any complaints I’ve had about a course in perspective :-O

DFaffMaster

I took advantage of this…

Wout Van Aert@3.5 Outright Winner

The Field @3.00 (crazy odds!)
    vs Mathieu Van Der Poel

Happy Days.

jobro
    Free Member

Hannah Harnden’s 4th place was the ride of the weekend for me. 16 years old?

Fabulous future and well done to the team and family around her for developing such a well rounded athlete.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Is she any relation to Harriet Harnden?

ferrals
    Free Member

Thanks for the elite men video Jonba. Same channle has all the races up which is good.

Harriet Harnden did amazingly well. Definately ride of the w/e.

jobro
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Is she any relation to Harriet Harnden?</span>

Hopefully. Whoops!

mrblobby
    Free Member
    maxlite
    Free Member

Cyclingtips are so good for the quality and size of their pics….some great shots on the link above.

13thfloormonk

I won’t hear a word against Eurosport for their CX coverage this year, I haven’t missed a race and all on the big screen : )

Can’t say I was too sad to see Van Aert win, was getting a bit predictable watching Van der Poel dominate, and at least the race for 2nd/3rd/4th was interesting

IdleJon

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>I won’t hear a word against Eurosport for their CX coverage this year, I haven’t missed a race and all on the big screen : )”</span>

It bugs me that the race is only 70 minutes long (at most), the coverage is 60 mins minus breaks, and they manage to miss half the race. Iirc they jumped from lap 1 to lap 4 in the senior men?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Excuse my ignorance, I don’t generally concern myself with TV stuff much. With Eurosport, do you have to pay for it AND put up with adverts?

IdleJon

No, it’s free but with ads. I’ve watched their cycling overage for well over twenty years and it’s far better than it used to be, but it could still be far better..

aracer
    Free Member

er, how do you (legally) get it for free nowadays?

mrblobby
    Free Member

You can get it as part of the most basic packages on Sky, BT or Virgin TV.

Or you can get it online directly from Eurosport. 30 quid for the year (or 2.99 for the year in last years black Friday deal 🙂 ).

You can get it for a fiver a month as an add on to Amazon Prime, which is a bit cheaper than the monthly deal direct from Eurosport.

For BT looks like it’s part of the 3.99 a month package if you have BT broadband.

aracer
    Free Member

So no actually free options then!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘UCI Cyclocross World Championship’ is closed to new replies.