Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 5,513 total)
  • U.S. Presidential Election 2020
  • Northwind

Worst advent calendar ever

p7eaven
    Free Member

I don’t think Trump cares either way. In his head he’s won and he’s been robbed and cheated.

I don’t even believe that he believes that. My experience of truly narcissistic/machiavellian con-artists is that they only know/feel a few things.

Jealousy/possession/hatred/obsession
    Manipulation/aggression/aggressiveness
    Keeping up appearances/charm/maintaining narcissistic ‘supply’

Their grift is not exactly commensurate with ‘belief’ in the way that regular people have convictions, it’s more like a ‘state of mind’ that exists almost as a dark entity of it’s own – a sort of ‘conflict maniac’ that feeds and grows in the feedback-loop of projection, manipulation, denial and the art of bullshit. Truly a scary, hollow thing to witness. I’ve known two of them in both professional and personal life. NPD is like a green-eyed, grasping ghost that lives in a shell of a quite awful and essentially childlike person. Untreatable and unrelenting.

riklegge

Worst advent calendar ever

Not enough wise men, too many donkeys.

frankconway

Removing an unwanted tenant – enjoy!

thols2

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1330317827560136705

thols2

I think the judge is calling Rudy a clueless ****wit.

dantsw13

All the Trumpsters are calling foul as Judge Brann was an Obama appointee – sadly, Obama appointed him in a deal with the Senate. He’s a Lifelong Republican, Chair of the county Rep Party, NRA member and also an elite rep. Club.

Sadly for Rudy he’s still a federal judge who applies the law.

vazaha

Anybody who no longer sees it for the grift it is deserves to be fleeced.

This is, though, no way to behave.

Jamze

So they’re appealing. Spinning this as a good result, Obama appointed judge etc.

thols2

I gather, based on what lawyers have been saying on Twitter, that they are quite limited in what they can appeal. I think the judge’s ruling can be summarized as, “This whole thing is just frivolous garbage and there is no case to answer.” I think that means that their appeal will be limited to saying that it’s not frivolous garbage, not that Trump’s team should have actually won the case.

I think it’s going to the state Supreme Court now, not the U.S. Supreme Court. I think they have to work their way up through the courts before they can ask for a U.S. Supreme Court hearing. I think that any of the appeals courts can refuse to accept the case if they agree that it lacks any merit. The U.S. Supreme Court is certainly under no obligation to accept it and my money is on most or all of the justices not wanting to get involved with a clown show.

thols2

thols2

eskay

Georgia to have another recount:

“Georgia will recount its votes following Trump campaign request” https://twitter.com/i/events/1330392110206316544?s=09

whitestone
    Free Member

Strikes me that this is how dictators start: they abuse enough people getting to where they are that they can’t afford to let go of power so resort to ever more extreme and repressive measures.

Other than pandering to Trump’s ego and possibly encouraging his supporters to part with more cash, I’m really not sure just what the continuing legal challenges are aiming to do. Laying the groundwork for something even more anti-democratic in the future? (see first paragraph)

Maybe, most worryingly, there’ll be the “Enemies of the people” line trotted out. Let’s destroy trust in the very institutions that are protecting you from us.

frankconway

Let me get this right…
    – votes in Georgia were counted by machine; result – Biden wins
    – trump shouts ‘foul’ for a load of clearly spurious ‘reasons’ and demands recount
    – winning margin is <0.5% so manual recount ordered
    – manual recount delivers almost exactly the same vote numbers for each candidate but margin remains <0.5%
    – trump makes more noise
    – second recount confirmed
    – votes which were counted by machine, then recounted by hand are now to be counted again by machine

When the second recount is completed – and undoubtedly with same result – who is then authorised to say…that’s it, we’re done here?
    Is trump allowed to call for further recounts as long as the margin stays under 0.5%?
    If it wasn’t such a clear attempt to subvert democracy, this would be laughable.

molgrips
    Free Member

who is then authorised to say…that’s it, we’re done here?

The state authorities have to certify the result by a certain deadline, either next week or the week after.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Light relief

Bearing in mind that this being 2020 means that handlers could still steal the show for just such a giant man-baby.

thols2

frankconway

molgrips – result in Georgia was certified on Friday 20th Nov.
    Has that certification now been either suspended or cancelled in view of the second recount?
    Is there a limit to how many further recounts will be allowed as trump will undoubtedly seek to keep this going?

pk13

He is just dragging his tail along the ground now.
    He is trying to cut a deal for his declining cash to be left alone and no charges against his daughter or son. He will drop the rest of the clan in a hole full of toxic waste.
    I just hope when the paper trail of lies and incompetent guff is found the Dems publish the lot.

dovebiker

Those shredders in the Whitehouse must be smoking’ (on the assumption that they actually have some paperwork to hide)

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks like at least one aim is to get to the Supreme Court:

Today’s decision turns out to help us in our strategy to get expeditiously to the U.S. Supreme Court. Although we fully disagree with this opinion, we’re thankful to the Obama-appointed judge for making this anticipated decision quickly, rather than simply trying to run out the clock.

“We will be seeking an expedited appeal to the Third Circuit. There is so much evidence that in Pennsylvania, Democrats eliminated our opportunity to present 50 witnesses and other evidence that election officials blatantly ignored Pennsylvania’s law denying independent review. This resulted in 682,777 ballots being cast illegally, wittingly or unwittingly. This is just an extension of the Big Tech, Big Media, Corrupt Democrat censorship of damning facts the American public needs to know.

“We are disappointed we did not at least get the opportunity to present our evidence at a hearing. Unfortunately the censorship continues. We hope that the Third Circuit will be as gracious as Judge Brann in deciding our appeal one way or the other as expeditiously as possible. This is another case that appears to be moving quickly to the United States Supreme Court.”

But as above each level of court would want to see that there’s evidence. So the Trump team are deliberately witholding any evidence such that the cases will be thrown out so they can keep appealing to each higher level ending up at the Supreme Court OR there’s no evidence.

inkster
    Free Member

Pk13,

There the angle Antony Scaramucci has been pushing, that it’s all about immunity for the Trumps and the (lack of) evidence presented by Giulliani and Co. does nothing to contradict it.

We can only hope that the Trumps fall into that hole full of toxic waste so carelessly prepared by their henchmen as well.

I hope the new administration don’t make the mistake of trying to move on in the name of uniting the Nation, the Trump organisation needs to be spending the next four years either in court fighting endless cases that will make it as difficult as possible for Trump to think of running in 2024 as well as relieving him of all his (borrowed or stolen) money.

Jail or ruin will be the only acceptable outcomes from this shit storm. Either will do but preferably both.

Jamze

I’m very interested to see when they handover if there’s any substance at all in what he’s claimed to have delivered.

Prescriptions for example and this ‘new rule’ which bans middlemen and forces pharma to charge the lowest price in the world.

My daughter’s monthly prescription bill is horrendous. As high as it’s ever been.

I’m convinced it’s all bluster.

slowoldman

He is trying to cut a deal for his declining cash to be left alone and no charges against his daughter or son.

Who is he trying to cut a deal with?

Northwind

dantsw13
    Free Member

All the Trumpsters are calling foul as Judge Brann was an Obama appointee – sadly, Obama appointed him in a deal with the Senate.

Yup- Obama picked his guy (not sure who it was), Pat Toomey picked Judge Brann:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnZOyuhXcAI2Bc4?format=jpg&name=small

Though no doubt if anyone ever does acknowledge that inconvenient fact, they’ll just declare Toomey to be a RINO.

kelvin

thols2

thols2

thols2

Klunk
    Free Member

The Bigly Farce, coming to Netflix soon.

dantsw13

As I see it there are 3 possible realities.

1. Trump knows he’s lost, and the legal cases are just an excuse to keep fundraising to pay off his debts. Nobody could unintentionally play such a poor legal strategy.

2. Trumps legal team really are that useless, and we are seeing the flailing of a deluded mad rich boy, pandered to by his lackeys.

3. Trump and Giuliani are geniuses. They are setting up a play to a stacked Supreme Court they know will come down on their side.

As it’s America, I’ve no idea which!

Klunk
    Free Member

4. He’s in so deep He can’t see any other option.

dantsw13

Yeah – he’s much the same as Johnson. Even against overwhelming evidence, never admit you are wrong and double down.

I’m not particularly surprised by Trumps petulance. The rest of the Republican Party enabling him is appalling.

Twodogs

1, 2 and 4 are correct

Daffy

Trump is petty and vindictive, he knows he’s lost, but also knows that he can screw Biden and the democrats over by claiming fraud and using campaign finance (rather than his own money) to do it. This allows him to falsely emerge with his reputation unscathed (at least to a significant number of his followers) for no cost and significant strategic gain.

It sets him up for all manner of things from lawsuit evasion, to business dealings to another run or even a family member to run, all at no cost to either his personal, financial or political capital.

Trump is, unfortunately, quite shrewd when it comes to these kind of games. I don’t believe for a moment that there isn’t a broader game afoot than what’s directly in front of us. He can’t win the 2020 election. He knows this and has probably known this for a long time. The question is, what is he really up to?

You should NEVER underestimate your enemy – the Democrats have now done this twice! The first time they lost badly – the second time they were damn lucky to win. What more evidence do you need to understand that Trump is a game day player.

thols2

He can’t win the 2020 election. He knows this and has probably known this for a long time. The question is, what is he really up to?

According to leaks from White House insiders, he was genuinely convinced he was going to win because he was presented with partisan polls showing he was leading, plus his aides were all too scared to give him any bad news so he only got good news. He is now shocked by the realization that he lost and flailing around wildly. I don’t think there’s any strategy involved, he’s just desperate to try anything and Guiliani and other online cranks keep filling his head with dumb ideas. If anyone tries to tell him how crazy they are, he sacks them. The idea that he was a genius political strategist was always nonsense, he just has a very good instinct for finding what riles up an audience and then hammering away at it. His only strategy is to make people angry, but that didn’t work this time around and he has no idea what else to do.

slowoldman

3. Trump and Giuliani are geniuses. They are setting up a play to a stacked Supreme Court they know will come down on their side.

They can’t take “new” evidence to Supreme Court. They need to present whatever they have in lower courts first. So far they haven’t. They also need to be granted approval to appeal.

Don’t underestimate the legal profession’s adherence to law above political persuasion.

dantsw13

Slowoldman – 3 certainly isn’t my choice of outcome, but I have a gnawing doubt that US politics (Including politically appointed courts) is completely corrupt.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 5,513 total)

The topic ‘U.S. Presidential Election 2020’ is closed to new replies.