Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 5,513 total)
  • U.S. Presidential Election 2020
  • frankconway

thols2, in the Andrew Fleischman tweet there’s a link to a blog named ‘powerline’; have you read it?
    Whatever happened to research and basic education in the US?

Klunk
    Free Member

I recon it was probably a deliberate shit stirring act that the originator never expected to be put in front of a judge.

thols2

For people with money, the U.S. has the best education system in the world. Nobel prizes, journal citations, patent filings, etc. are pretty solid evidence that U.S. universities are world leaders.

If you don’t have money, primary and secondary education in the U.S. sucks. Really bad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

Fox trump apologist in chief Tucker Carlson…..

“We invited [Trump lawyer] Sidney Powell on the show, we would have given her the whole hour, we would have given her the entire week actually and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention. That’s a big story.

“But she never sent us any evidence despite a lot of requests…polite requests, [but] not a page. When we kept pressing she got angry and told us to stop contacting her. When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they told us, Powell has never given them any evidence either. Nor did she provide any today at the press conference. Powell did say that electronic voting is dangerous. And she’s right. We’re with her there. But she never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another — not one.”

dantsw13

If you lose Tucker Carlson…………

eskay

Mitt Romney (Republican Senator)

Klunk
    Free Member

he can still ask for another recount but he’s not overturning 12000 votes…..

😀

grum
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

so what happend the 0.75 (trump) to 1.25 (Biden) setting in the Dominion voting machines software ?

Jamze

Rudy’s son works for Trump and he’s now COVID positive. Been with the legal team all week.

Superficial
    Free Member

Incredible? No, it’s par for the course for that band of deplorables.

Turns out Hillary was right.

frankconway

Every little helps – updated…

Klunk
    Free Member

the clown shit show

GrahamS

Beautiful work from Ivanka, just reminding everybody that Trump knew how serious Covid was even back in January when he was dismissing it…

spekkie
    Free Member

This is like a cross between the Twilight Zone and Laurel & Hardy . . .

frankconway
    dantsw13

Trump tried to bully Michigan Republicans into stealing the election. I’m not sure they want to play with him.

thols2

thols2

Poopscoop

Twitter to give POTUS account to Biden on inauguration day.😁

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/20/tech/twitter-biden-trump-potus/index.html

Not sure if he even uses it but it’ll p*ss him off anyway.

thols2

thols2

nickc

that still doesn’t make Trump president because his term will have expired.

In every statement he’s made since the election, Trump has claimed he’s won.

sockpuppet

It’s easy to tweet something, or blabber away in front of hand picked tv crews.

It may be harder to try to enact when surrounded by Marines who’d rather you didn’t cause a constitutional crisis.

Jamze

NYT now has another graphic to watch as the results are certified. First to 270 👍🏻

ransos
    Free Member

That’s irrelevant: he won’t win unless the election results are certified that way.

convert

Call me a pessimist but I would not be at all surpassed to see a bunch of faithless electors at the electoral college vote. enough to beat the 7 cast in 2016; 5 who should have voted for Clinton, 2 who should have voted for Trump. I still can’t see it being enough to change the course of history though.

dantsw13

I thought states changed laws post 2016 mandating electors to follow the popular vote .

convert

Faithless voting is some way from being uniformly outlawed. Still plenty of opportunity for it to happen.

https://www.fairvote.org/faithless_elector_state_laws

Northwind

nickc

I can declare myself president too, doesn’t actually matter.

Of course, it’d be better for everyone if he’d concede- better for the country, better for the GOP, better for his poor supporters who keep funding him, better for tackling coronavirus and the recession. Better even for him in the end since losing every day til January is going to upset the poor wee lad. But it’s not necessary.

thols2

MSP

I really can’t work out if Scott Adams twitter account is a perfect satirical device, or if he is really bat shit mental, taken alone I would suggest the latter, but his work on Dilbert does still make the former a possibility.

While options are defiantly narrowing for Trump, I will still carry a certain amount of anxiety until Biden is sworn in and actually takes over. Trump and the GOP are such a bunch of narcissists and megalomaniacs, they believe whatever actions they take are righteous, they are willing to destroy the country in their lust for power, any action is possible.

Northwind

I think Scott Adams absolutely revelled in being the “Trump fan who people assume would be left wing”, but like a lot of people he’s become crazier and louder over time- a lot of the earlier stuff was more “You liberals think Trump has no chance but you’re blind”, “If Trump becomes president it will be your fault”, that sort of thing. Now it’s Joe Biden Is Literally A Space Monkey. Whether that’s a genuine thing or whether it’s just to keep the audience he found, who knows? Nothing feeds crazy like other crazy.

Dilbert is still good though. They can’t all be Charles Schulz.

thols2

Jamze

Was watching Get Me Roger Stone last night and Tucker Carlson was one of the talking heads and he was completely normal, came across as a nice bloke. So interesting that these people have their ‘Fox personas’ and are very different in person.

Northwind

Just to add to Norton’s comments- Trump is an overweight old dude with a horrible lifestyle. I don’t think he’s just delaying for its own sake, or to put off legal cases, or to make money while he can. I think he knows that with enough lawyers and obfuscations he can live out the rest of his life spending money he doesn’t have to live the life of riley, put most problems off til he dies, and leave it to his terrible kids to sort out. His tax returns are a perfect example of how you can tie things up in a gordian knot with enough mad effort. You don’t have to be right, you just have to make it take a really long time to be proved wrong.

ChrisL

MSP
    I really can’t work out if Scott Adams twitter account is a perfect satirical device, or if he is really bat shit mental, taken alone I would suggest the latter, but his work on Dilbert does still make the former a possibility.

Scott Adams has been espousing fairly fringe views since the early 2000s, if it’s satire then he’s been playing a very long game. I dimly recall reading his opinions on women and Islam back then and deciding that I didn’t really want to read Dilbert that much after all.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

deciding that I didn’t really want to read Dilbert that much after all

It pissed me off but that was my view for the last 15 years.
    Damn, I miss Dilbert.

nickc

That’s irrelevant: he won’t win unless the election results are certified that way.

I don’t think Trump cares either way. In his head he’s won and he’s been robbed and cheated.

Jamze

G20 today. I wonder how they handled Trump? He seems to have forgotten his booster cushion

Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 5,513 total)

The topic ‘U.S. Presidential Election 2020’ is closed to new replies.