Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Two stroke premix fuel in a four stroke mower – will anything die?
  • pondo

I have a 2 stroke strimmer and a 4 stroke mower – currently I have to faff around measuring microscopic amounts of premix to fill the strimmer. If I just wang a load of premix into a 5 litre can @40 to 1, will it hurt the mower to run on it?

tjagain

It will make the 4 stroke run a bit lean – as 2.5% of the volume is no longer petrol so it will have a leaner fuel air mix.  On the other hand it will also add lubrication to the top end of the 4 stroke.  Not the best thing to do and i wouldn’t do it with a highly tuned motor .  why not get two cans?

Vortexracing

I used to run my old 2 stroke karting mix in my 4 stroke mower.

Smells lovely, but it smokes like a chimney and oiled up the plug after a bit so I stopped.

pondo

Cheers folks, two cans sound like a plan. Hope I don’t mix em up… 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Get two different coloured cans and write on them. If that doesn’t work, don’t use the mower as you’ll probably cut your feet off. Tssk, care in the community… 🙂

bob_summers

Used to race 250s and filled my car a few times with avgas premix I wanted to use up before it went stale… Nothing died, neither did it go any faster (or any less slowly, to be more accurate).

vongassit
    Free Member

Baby Robins definatley.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get two different coloured cans and write on them

Give them names.

Joe and Patrick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Two stroke premix fuel in a four stroke mower – will anything die?’ is closed to new replies.