Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tweed Valley Campsites
  • fathomer

Me and the Mrs are looking at spending a few days riding in the Tweed Valley late May and are planning on camping. I can only really find the Glentrees Forest Lodge site and Crossburn Caravan Park.

So are either any good or am I missing somewhere?

Tracey

Stayed on both of those and they have been OK there is another but not as good

Also stayed at this down the road

http://www.tweedsidecaravanparkinnerleithen.co.uk/welcome/4514039738

brads
    Free Member

Crossburn is good. Rosetta is deffo not good.

Tweedside in Innerleithen is a great little site and my favourite in the area but be warned, the pitches can be soft in the wet.

Using a tent it doesn’t really matter. I’d be in the little hut things at Tweedside if it was up to me. Sack the tent and be a bit more comfy.
    Same goes for the lodges at Glentress itself. Great location, hotel next door for food and drink and right on the start line for Glentress itself.

timidwheeler

We stayed at both Tweedside and Rosseta a couple of years ago. Was happy with both. Tweedside is in easy riding distance of Innerleithen and Rosseta is in easy riding distance of Glentress.
    Tweedside you can walk into Innerleithen. Rosseta you can walk into Peebles.

Both were flat and both were clean with acceptable facilities.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in the van at the place by the entrance to GT which has the wooden sheds. Tis what it is. Half decent facilities, great location and I woke up to a brew and an amazing view across the valley every morning.

fathomer

Thanks everyone, we’re going to go with the Glentress Forest Lodges. The Mrs didn’t realise that she knows 3 different people there have all stayed there and all recommended it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Valley Campsites’ is closed to new replies.