Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • TV wall mount – can you recommend me one please.
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m looking for a tv wall mount for the living room that sits fairly flush to the wall but also has some adjustability – a swivel arm type thing. Most of the ones I’ve looked at have been pretty clunky.

something like this one for example

Any recomendations? Thanks.

wallop

We got ours from John Lewis. Be careful though – they can be specific to the size of your TV.

jota180
    Free Member

Unicol make lots of different sizes and types and are pretty much ubiquitous for commercial use, they should have something to suit
    You’ll need to know what VESA standard the screw spacings are on you TV for some mounts – it’ll be in the manual

restless
    Free Member

I got a size adjustable one off Amazon for about £15.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just found This one on ebay, might be alright and at £40 its a good price.

I prefer the adjustability for fitting this one to the wall, lots of holes so I can centre it but still bolt to a stud.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Be careful though – they can be specific to the size of your TV.

I’ve got the model number so know the size I ned. TV brackets on the internet are a minefield 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

i got this one a few weeks ago:

Designer Habitat Ultra Slim Cantilever Swivel & Tilt Wall Mount TV Bracket for 26-55 inch for LCD, LED, 3D, Plasma TV, Max VESA 400×400
    £18 from Amazon

fits range of sizes, rock solid and complete bargain. highly recommended. i’m at home today so can put up pics if you want.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The only thing with that one is that there is no adjustment where toy screw the thing to the wall so its position is dicated by the stud wall. Pics would be good though. Thanks.

Found this one which folds 70mm to the wall when flat

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m looking for something too, really like the look of these from Sanus

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks tv’s mounted to the wall look a bit, well, pikey.

<dons flame proof suit>

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They do if they’re above a fireplace. I want to mount mine flat against the wall above a low console table, but as it’s in a corner (to one side of a fireplace), I’d like to be able to rotate it out when viewing and push it back flush when I’m not viewing. It’s a 50″ TV so looks ridiculous on a stand at an angle.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks tv’s mounted to the wall look a bit, well, pikey.

Don’t know if its just you or not and I don’t really care either. Much neater, more modern solution than having the tv sitting on a piece of furniture.

You may be into smoked glass tv stands, I’m not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘TV wall mount – can you recommend me one please.’ is closed to new replies.