Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TV series a to z of artists
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Male presenter,  I saw the episode H with Holbein and Hogarth, may have been OU, but I can’t find it,.. Please help.

scaredypants

sorry, no idea

… but if anyone can name the series from the 70s where an oldish guy repainted a series of masterpieces to show how they were done, I’ll be on you tube all bloody night looking for it

colournoise

but if anyone can name the series from the 70s where an oldish guy repainted a series of masterpieces to show how they were done, I’ll be on you tube all bloody night looking for it

Technically the guy is amazing.

scaredypants

magic – thanks colournoise  (I read somewhere that it was quite widely suspected that he was responsible for several very high quality forgeries)

Sorry for the hijack OP (though I bet this is better than what you’re looking for)

maccruiskeen

I read somewhere that it was quite widely suspected that he was responsible for several very high quality forgeries

Was that not what lead to him getting the series in the first place? He was already a famous forger.

maccruiskeen

Male presenter,

Could it have been Tim Marlow – did a few visual art / art history series on Channel 5

5plusn8
    Free Member

Tim Marlow – could be, will watch that anyway, he did a one off with Ian Hislop on Holbein, that might have been it.
    Not sure…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TV series a to z of artists’ is closed to new replies.