Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trying out lights
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I’m considering a light for offroad use and have read most of the threads and now have some idea of what is what.

Does anybody know of anywhere that hires lights out as I would quite like to try some before I decide? Ideally Edinburgh or central belt of Scotland.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well I dont hire or sell lights, but I’ve got the following that I’ll hire / loan- for beers / biscuits in Edinburgh:

An SSC p7 (aka bastid)
    An SCC p7 1200 (aka mickey mouse)
    An XML torch
    A 4x xpg (aka MJ-872)

Let me know how many beers / biscuits you’re willing to swap and we may have a deal?

Luminous
    Free Member

Does anybody know of anywhere that hires lights out as I would quite like to try some before I decide? Ideally Edinburgh or central belt of Scotland.

Well, if you were to contact types such as me, and possibly Trout or Smudge.
    Then you may be able to arrange a demo / loan, of a light.
    😉

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Thanks Luminous but I don’t want to be a timewaster and, at this stage, I am not ready to spend in to the hundreds on a light (though I appreciate what goes in to these) so there’s no point in trying one just yet. I’ll need to see if I get on with night riding first – I’m not brilliant in the car these days in real dark.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Surely your LBS would let you try before you buy?
    Rather than spending all your wad on the brightest handlebar light, if money is tight, go for a cheaper handlebar light and a decent helmet mounted light like an Exposure Joystick so that you can see more than just where your bars are pointing. This is useful when going round tight corners, over brows, or just fixing punctures!

I’m not a rep but I love the Exposure lights and the fact that they are cable free. I’ve got an Enduro (now called a Toro) and a Jpoysick and ride all winter. Because they are cable free, you can use them as torches – you can buy a headband and use the Joystick for night running.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you are unsure about the whole night riding thing then I would take up couldashouldawoulda’s offer. Be warned though night riding is thoroughly addcitive! 😉

br
    Free Member

Night riding is addictive, and no matter what light you buy – its not bright enough…

flyingfox
    Free Member

We have all the Exposure lights and some Hopes as demos. Awaiting the new Hopes however, hopefully this week…

We’re in Alva near Stirling.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trying out lights’ is closed to new replies.