Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Truvativ you MONKEYS
  • Northwind

OK, so. Got a Specialized Camber Pro. Most of the bits are getting replaced but I decided to keep the very swish carbon cranks. Just converting to 1×10 tonight… No ISCG mounts, no probs, I’ll just mount the chain device on the BB shell.

NO I WON’T! 73mm BB shell means no spacers with bloomin Truvativ! FAHRGHAGHGFHAG.

So now it has a driveside Shimano cup and an offside Truvativ one.

That’s all, really! Except, I was wondering if Hope uses a spacer when fitted to a 73mm shell bike with the Truvativ adaptor?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Truvativ are one part of the Sram empire that I probably wouldn’t buy anything that they sell. All their stuff is ugly and overpriced.

GW
    Free Member

So now it has a driveside Shimano cup and an offside Truvativ one.

sounds like a better set-up for a weenie with teh carbonz anyway 😉

Northwind

To be fair, these are quite pretty, and weigh exactly the same as my XTR cranks… So not bad apart from the BB thing.

So far the carbons have done nothing unexpected, we’ll see if that stays true once I’ve ridden it a bit more. But they fall into the same “if they flex, I can’t feel it” camp as most other cranks do for me so that’s OK.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Truvativ are one part of the Sram empire that I probably wouldn’t buy anything that they sell. All their stuff is ugly and overpriced.

Like to add to that,,, & which is not designed correctly.

Ahhh glad I got that off my truvis. 😛

Northwind

But they’re pretty! And made of string and araldite!

mbarnes
    Free Member

My hope bb with Gxp adapter has one drive side spacer if that helps?

Rickos
    Free Member

Get an e13 guide that mounts on the s3 front mech mounts. Unless of course you need a bottom guide too.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=87856

Northwind

mbarnes- is it a 73mm shell? If it is, that’s really helpful!

trusty

Second the e13 guide, got one on my stumpy and works a treat

coatesy
    Free Member

You’ll probably find there’s enough clearance to use the original cup with the chainguide, Truvativ axles float in the driveside bearing without the crank touching it(usually by 3-4mm), giving rise to many threads on here asking whether that gap is correct.

iain1775
    Free Member

Chainguide? Pah you just need a shadow+* rear mech

*Sram may do something similar

wrecker
    Free Member

Truvativ are one part of the Sram empire that I probably wouldn’t buy anything that they sell

You’d buy avid? With your own money? for your own bike?

patriotpro
    Free Member

I can attest to the fact that the standard ‘Camber Pro’ cranks are indeed very nice objects 8)

Northwind

iain1775 – Member

Chainguide? Pah you just need a shadow+* rear mech

Got one… Not enough by itself though, chain jumps off the top occasionally. Seems to mean I can get away without a lower guide though.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes I must admit I do still have one of those old fashioned front derailleurs keeping my chain on the top
    But it has done away with a bottom guide and a chainstay protector

watsontony
    Free Member

hope bb’s fit both 68 and 73. i dont see what the fuss is about

Northwind

watsontony – Member

hope bb’s fit both 68 and 73. i dont see what the fuss is about

the fuss is, when fitted to a 73mm shell with the truvativ adaptor, do you still have a spacer?

(well, also that Truvativ have done something irritating, again)

mbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah mines on an orange five so 73mm shell.

mbarnes
    Free Member

The Gxp part only goes on the driveside too so you will be fine.

Crap picture but hope bb, Gxp adapter fitted to non drive side, my chain device is on the iscg guides, but I have one spacer fitted.

mbarnes
    Free Member

When you see the adapter you’ll understand, it’s just two little metal bits for non drive side. It enables you to torque against the bb without damaging anything.

I pressed them in using a big socket and a rubber mallet, as they are a very tight fit

Northwind

Ace, cheers!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ you MONKEYS’ is closed to new replies.