• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by escrs.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Troy Lee Moto shorts alternative ?
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Bought some Troy Lee Moto shorts around 10 years ago and they have been brilliant.

Trying to replace then is proving tricky. The new version have gone very cheap and don’t even fit the same.

Anyone point me towards something similar to the original Moto shorts?

benpinnick

RaceFace Ambush would be my choice. Not quite the same as Motos as the ambush is more of a normal looking short, but just a tough, well made, good pockets/features/zip vents etc.

sv

Moto copies on Aliexpress?

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member
    mashr

Madison Flux is worth a look

escrs
    Free Member

Have a set of the old versions (genuine ones, not the cheap ebay ones)

Worn once and been sat in a draw for the last 2-3 years, could be tempted to sell them

peekay

@Escrs what size?

I struggle to get shorts that fit well with no gap above the knee pads being skinnier than average for my height.

Old TLD Motos (both genuine and knock off) were great, but can’t find them in 30 waist anywhere.

New ones are rubbish. Whoever thought that limp Velcro on the hips was a good substitute for a ratchet buckle needs a slap.

I’ve bought lots of shorts over the years, but keep back going to my old pairs of TLD fakes with the saddle area held together by duct tape as they are still the best fit and abrasion resistance.

joebristol

What sort of fit are the tld shorts you’re trying to replace?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

What sort of fit are the tld shorts you’re trying to replace?

Heavy duty nylon parachute.

mark90
    Free Member

I have some. I think they’re genuine but can’t guarantee. Certainly heavy duty. They’re a 34″ waist, I’m not. PM if interested.

chris85
    Free Member

Get Troy Lee sprint shorts, so much better than the moto which are too heavy and sweaty and still as strong in the right places.

escrs
    Free Member

@Escrs what size?

Mine are a 34in waist

Would chuck em on eBay but with the fakes costing around £20 new i doubt anyone would bid on mine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee Moto shorts alternative ?’ is closed to new replies.