Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,169 total)
  • Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Which do I need to order?

Pro?

Elite?

Endurance?

Ta

robhughes
    Free Member

lads.does that bag fit smudges that comes with the light.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh you need the elite one smudges battery fits spot on.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for that, I'll order it after the postal strike in case if gets lost

singletracksurfer

Wow they do look lovely (and bright).
    Think I've just convinced myself I need another light.

How much do they cost, inc. battery?

benz
    Free Member

Looking good Chris. The quad and 'LEDLum' are working perfectly. 'LEDLum' is getting lukewarm at best….bright little rascal. My mate is well chuffed.

Don't actually think I need any more light than the quad plus Ay-Ups on helmet, but…..

What's next after this big order?

Custom machined casing with 3 x 20mm triples? Guess driver from normal battery packs could be an issue…wonder what the hyperboost from George does?

Thanks again.

Scott

trout
    Free Member

thanks Scott
    good the Ledlum is still going strong

whats next bloody hell who knows the S2 will be along soon 400 lumens from 1 tiny led will make the joystick seem like a candle so next might be small .

though the batteries included is looking real ace .

How fast is Fedex from the US
    just got this in tracking for the balance of drivers .

Shipment Dates
    Ship date Oct 20, 2009
    Estimated delivery Oct 22, 2009 by 6:00 PM

Are they that fast .I guess I will be staying home on thursday

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Is that for the last lot of drivers chris.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Trout – that's great news!

FedEx delivers MUCH more quickly than UPS/USPS. US Air parcels (via USPS etc) go into UK customs, sit there for a few days, then are handled by Parcle Force. Parcle moves to PF depot, you get the customs invoice from them, you pay, parcel arrives…. long time

FedEx delivers – super quick, by a FedEx van, as promised then you get the invoice a week or so later.

This could be very good news for us 'not part of the 20' 😀

trout
    Free Member

Milky Nooooo its for something totally different 😳

Bonesetter thanks for the info that is super quick
    be a bugger if they arrive before the 20 which set off a week today and have still not made an appearance

Does that mean I then start at 21 on thursday .

jammy_p
    Free Member

As much as I'd really really love to get my light asap, you still need to be fair to those who ordered first I think. Although I wouldn't be complaining if you did mine in the first batch that arrives 🙂

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Jammy p
    Get back to the end of the queue 😆

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi trout,

Ive been trying to persuade Hope to up the power of their LED 4. Was at Earls Court last year when one of them said they'd designed it to be upgradable (as and when new LEDs came along)

Their current response is 2 fold

1) there's been no real progress with LEDs since launch

2) 960 lumens is enough.

1)So (assuming that hope are right with their 960 figure) the LEDs they currently use put out 240 lumens each. What are the latest ones and what output are they? (sorry if answer somewhere in this thread but it's a bit long to start from the beginning!) I'd like to go back to hope and inform them of the advances they seem to be unaware of…

2) So what they're saying is that even if there are better LEDs out there, they have no intention of doing an upgrade – as 960 is enough!

960 is good but there are times when more would be welcome.

Is it poss to to get them upgraded, if so, to what output and for how much?

Cheers

ps I appreciate it isn't always a case of raw horsepower being better. My main problem with some LEDs is the colour (temperature?) – they can be over white if you know what I mean – has this aspect of the newer designs improved as well?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Sorry-I have joined this thread very late and not read every single page. I am after a new light and wondering if you are selling these troutie? Would be interested…

adam1330
    Free Member

Trout, YHM regarding payment.

yan
    Free Member

Hi Trout, Do you a website or a link with all your light options and prices?

Cheers

trout
    Free Member

Midlifecyclist

The new XPG leds can put out 350 lumens each so no excuses from hope on that score .
    and soon they will be able to go to 400 lumens

but hope dont use the cree leds and an upgrade would also mean a new optic as well and dont forget all the old stock they will have of old leds and optics.

it is probably easier to do a new light than upgrade the hope for a less than ideal result .

from my experience of a hope 4 it is more like 600 lmns

The new leds sem to have a pretty good colour rendition on the trails with the fallen leaves but I have not compared to a hope .

Willy drop me a mail

Andy will respond dont worry

at last

jammy_p
    Free Member

Oooh, they look so pretty! 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

More shiny bits!

trout
    Free Member

OK so I got some drivers and am off work tomorrow 😆

the rest of the drivers should be here tomorrow also if fedex are that good .

the postie strike is now on so no point me posting owt .

any one having one live near junction 16 on the M6 as I am dropping my muminlaw there on sat morning as the sis in law lives in Nailsea near bristol so could also get stuff to there if there are any Bristol LL owners

I have not got addresses for a lot of you so please mail me your addy

jammy_p
    Free Member

So for people like me, who are a little further down the pecking order, when would you realistically expect my light to be ready for? Assuming the remaining drivers arrive tomorrow.
    I know Nailsea, I went there once! A mate of mine grew up there. Unfortunately I'm not that close to it though, more Bournemouth / Southampton area. Almost tempted to meet you up there or something to get it though!! 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Jammy
    Rest assured I will be working my fins off to get them all out asap

RollerBall
    Free Member

Hi Guys – First time on STW forum. In fact first time on any forum.

Have been watching this thread with some interest so I thought it was about time I registered and joined in. Especially when I have been so closely involved with the project.
    You never know if I can get Chris to build me up a spare light I might even get my old Gary Fisher out and give this night riding a go!! 😕

Good to see you have the drivers now Chris – you will be the busy beaver now.

CNC – PAUL

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Paul

Not sure how much input you had, but great job mate 😀

Scott

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Paul 🙂 welcome aboard

There may be a mass of lights beaming from silsden in the next few nights… So be prepared for strange lights seen shining into the sky in the local papers, anything for publicity eh troutie

CHB

Scott, paul made the casings, that carried the logo that was designed by monty, passed to me who had it converted to cad, who passed it to trout, who passed it to paul so he could engrave a case with a trout so that troutie could fit LEDS built by koreans with a yank driver and a midlands battery…..phew. Lots of people have touched this project. Paul, Troutie and Smudge are the main ones though!

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I suppose I should share the Good vibes then

Well done to all 😆

robhughes
    Free Member

the magic trio

trout
    Free Member

Hey up Paul welcome to the madhouse .
    Paul Has been Ace and made a rough prototype into a mint casing and mounts
    even though I gave him some wrong info

Got loads of lights now so when we getting the GF out for a spin .

Conrad I think the leds are made in US Cree have facilities in US and China .

Tracking the fedex it is looking pretty good

The buggers are in Stanstead @ 18.02 today
    so not leaving the house tomorrow

Clobber
    Free Member

I've been promising Chris to post a full review on the LL but so far only got one vid of it in action and it's a pretty poor effort from the video team and it's a biggish download for 12 seconds but here it is.. if anyone knows of some free video editing software then please recommend it..

Or someone with some ideas for getting better shots, I'm not going to buy a new bike mountable camera or anything, just some ideas would be good as the vid does not give you any idea of how really fantastic the light beam is..

And yes I realise I could turn my rear light off in the woods but I always forget…

RollerBall
    Free Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. 🙂

I have enjoyed my involvement in this project, it is a pleasure to work with Chris and thanks to all the other guys out there that have contributed in one way or another.

Yes I think I have caught the bug – and to think I did't even know what a "Lumen" was a few weeks ago!!

Hope you all like the lights – not long now!!

CNC Paul

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Troutie – When should I be looking to drive over to yours to collect mine?

I could be at the M6-M62 junction this Saturday if they arrive and it's made up in time.

Just let me know.

robhughes
    Free Member

paul.what do you recon.you three have built a classic?
    going to be hard to beat in the way of design and development.

trout
    Free Member

John
    could do yours for sat if the other drivers get here tomorrow
    and could meet at the m6 /m62 or m65 junction you could also take Ians Kit

Be about 08.30 or on the return about 12.30

My XPG R5 homebrew is nearing completion.

I've crammed FIFTEEN of the buggers into an aluminium case complete with 14 AA NiMh batteries. Size is 135x30x65mm and has a bar mount on each side of the stem. It sits in front of the bar rather than above.

Early tests show this beast is going to annoy a lot of motorists even on the low setting.

Pics and beamshots to follow. Just in time for the clocks change on Sat.

trout
    Free Member

Fooooook me Dave it will annoy the poor devils on the space station 😯

come on pics and beam shots now,

Stop teasing

Soon, troutie, soon.

I'm having trouble testing it at the mo – bit bright you see.

I use 15 because they give more lumens per watt when driven at low current.

I reckon 5 watts should be OK for most conditions.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

trout – Member
    John
    could do yours for sat if the other drivers get here tomorrow
    and could meet at the m6 /m62 or m65 junction you could also take Ians Kit

Be about 08.30 or on the return about 12.30

Getting excited, let us know if the delivery arrives today.

What time in the morning will you driving past the end of the M58 in the morningon Saturday?

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Troutie,
    I practically live IN Nailsea, so please could you let me know (email) if mine might be ready this weekend? Can meet you with cash…
    Cheers
    Gareth

trout
    Free Member

Gareth YGM

will send it down with the granny shipment

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,169 total)

The topic ‘Trouties New Light is on the way ( Update to all interested folks who emailed me’ is closed to new replies.