• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by igm.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trousers for bikers
  • alchiltern
    Free Member

Ok, so I asked this question in the Summer looking for shorts. That worked out well.

Where does a biker go for trousers to knock about in, eg jeans, cargo, utility types. I’ve normally just bought on the high street, as with chunky legs trying in store has been simpler.

However, everywhere I’ve been seems to have recut their old straight or bootcut fit as skinny and added a dose of stretch. I’m not one for a tight trous, just looking for a bit of space with a decent cut.

I’ve ordered some Kuhl on recomendation, but where else to look, probably online? Need to aquire clothes for going away at the end of the week.

Cheers.

P20

https://spoke-london.com
    Not cheap, but they are excellent

timber

Carhartt if you go for their actual work stuff rather than fashion stuff.

scotroutes

I mainly just wear Keela Roadrunners.

Fat-boy-fat

Spoke.

alchiltern
    Free Member

Spoke looks promising, ordered. Ta all.

beagle
    Free Member

Try some Gramicci if you have thick thighs. Very comfortable. Depends on your styling needs.

I’ve ordered some Kuhl on recomendation, but where else to look, probably online?

Kuhl freerydrs are my favourite outdoor trousers, but I’ve got fairly skinny legs and they are still quite a slim fit.

TK Maxx and hope you find some jeans that fit. If you are short in the leg you’ll have loads of choice there, but I’m a 34″ leg and only get lucky occasionally. 32/34 are the holy grail of non existent bargain jeans

chakaping
    Free Member

Depending on whether fashion is even a vague consideration, maybe have a look at workwear trews?

I have some microfleece lined ones (from Aldi I think) which are my favourite strides for pottering around, doing jobs and WFH when it’s a bit chilly.

Plenty of room for my mighty oaks.

alchiltern
    Free Member

Cheers again. Kukl jobs have just arrived. Lawles I think. Seem to fit pretty well. Smart enough to pop out for food or a drink etc.

Silly fastener though, will need to wear a belt with them.

alchiltern
    Free Member

Thanks again for the recomendations.

So, some mixed results. Spoke, whilst being rather nice, just come up as skinny fit jeans, but scaled for bigger legs. They just don’t suit me / fit properly.

Any other options for jeans out there?

Never imagined it’d be such a task to replace some great but knackered 5 year old jeans from WS!

duncancallum

Kuhl are very comfy

igm

The Spoke sale

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.