Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,739 total)
  • Tripster ATR finally built up – lush!
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Im just fitting some sks mudguards that i had in the shed and ive lost some of the bolts?? What should i use for the fork.. what bolt to use on the crown hole?? Ive got all the little bolts and some new stays but not the one for the fork..

thomthumb
    Free Member

All sks bolts are m5. Just buy the length you need. Same as bottle cage if that helps…

somafunk

I’ve got one for the fork crown, drop me a mail and i’ll pop it in the post t’morn.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks somafunk.. ygm

Jamie
    Free Member

They must’ve had ’em though, as they just turned up!

On a slight thread drift, Madison have confirmed that the Shimano hydros won’t be be here till next year now. I knew I should have just ordered from Germany when I first thought about it.

*wanders off muttering about this is what happens when you try to buy from UK suppliers*

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I got an email the other day from Shiny Bikes apologizing for the delay and that they are processing my refund – although I actually got it at the end of September soon after I cancelled and then moaned quite a bit on the phone…

NZCol

I got a set of the 685s off Bike24 last week, in fact a full Ultegra build kit for my cheap chinese carbon frame which i will run until i can get a Tripster in the new year. Unless of course i love it, and big ups to the person who shipped it who put the value as $140US on the customs slip !

the_lecht_rocks

right folks – my textra lyra’s are starting to howl like a [insert metaphor here]….

ive stripped down the caliper, cleaned and lubed piston, cleaned pads, aligned disc / rotor interface, etc.

i have new pads readied also but not fitted yet…

any thoughts ?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Dab of coppaslip on the back of the pads is worth a try, it changes the resonant frequency and damps the howl

cloudnine
    Free Member

Chamfer the leading edge of the brake pad with a bit a sandpaper

mistergrizzly
    Free Member

Hi brassneck 🙂

The good news over this way is mine turned up at my LBS yesterday so well chuffed and just ordered my Chorus to go with her……

Can

Not

Wait!

Looks like ours are siblings buddy! 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

4250km on mine after 7 months…. It’s holding up well. Wheels are still true, bearings still smooth. Frame has some rubs and marks, forks scratched, smooth comfy and wondrous. Love it !!!

somafunk

This is how my Tripster looks at the moment, i removed all the decals and buffed up the frame with a fine scotchbrite pad – much better looking without any decals.

Son 28 hub, Sapim D-Light spokes, Velocity Aileron rim.

Chris King R45 rear with same build

Needless to say i spent an hour removing the decals from the rims

Bits n’ Bobs

Paul Component Love Levers short – Lovely indeed!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7475/15844671521_1f4dc5f432_b.jpg%5B/img%5D

Front Edelux light and stem cap usb plug.

Just waiting on the new Middleburn RS8 Super compact 28/38 cranks and a Middleburn BB, can’t wait to get it built up – it’s been 3 long months since my drivetrain exploded (page 21/22 of tis thread).

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi Somafunk

How do like it with the Jones bars? Contemplating a similar set up for mine. Having a major clear out of my cupboard of bits and have some Paul’s levers kicking about in there along with 4 finger xt 2 levers. How do the levers work with the Spyres? Hoping we get a proper winter up here so that I can fit my ice tyres which have also been uncovered. Whoop!

Cheers

Sanny

somafunk

Not built up yet Sanny but I have a feeling that the jones bar and clutch mech set up will work a treat with 40mm tyres, I’ll start to build it up t’morn and hopefully by next weekend I’ll have the cranks, Matt said the end of the month so fingers crossed I’ll get out next weekend for a shakedown fettle

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Nice day today; I nipped past 5,000 miles on the Tripster. No idea if that’s a lot or not, but I’ve had mine since page 1, post 5 of this thread – July last year, I think – and bought it as a rather early 40th present (given that my 41st is this Friday, it was about 4 months early…) but it’s a decent indicator of how much I’ve enjoyed / am enjoying (!) it and how much use it gets.

mistergrizzly
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve justified mine as an early 40th birthday present too…!

Though admittedly I’ve just turned 37 😉 😆

Gotama
    Free Member

Somafunk – Will you get a move on 🙂 I’ve been curious to see how your build turns out for ages now as I think the Jones bars could be fantastic for those of us that don’t use drops.

somafunk

I’m trying…..I’m trying…..I’ve just called matt and the cranks are being machined at the moment so hopefully by next weekend i’ll have it built up.

the_lecht_rocks

4000km on the rear gravel king [28c] and it’s given up the ghost today, looks like a shard of glass cutting the main carcass and a bit of damage to the inner belt. new one ordered.

evilsovereign
    Free Member

went out for a spin on my tripster (her name is Leah) yesterday, up the forest with a buddy. I’ve put a 12-30 cassette on, instead of the 11-28. and I’ve replaced the cowbell 2’s with on one midge bars. wow, I’m still giggly today. it was only about 16 miles, but relatively hilly, with a nice technical singletrack overlooking Swansea bay and the steel works. my arse would normally be making buttons on my mtb on this stretch of trail, but the stability I had using these midge bars was awesome. I managed to spin the back out on a grassy climb, but it was a flying machine. we caught a roadie up on the mile long road climb at the start, when I said we were off up the forest for an hour, he nearly broke his neck looking to see what I was on. thanks to everyone on here that has shaped my warped mind, and let me see that gravel and not road is the way forward. if any one fancies some cowbells, get in touch.

velosam
    Free Member

Hi ygm re cowbells . Thanks

dmc
    Free Member

Finished building the tripster last night quick spin last night very happy man ! Still waiting for the ultegra cranks and yet to decide on stem etc…

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green153\blue153;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \

}

matts
    Free Member

9070 hydro? Sweet.

Not sure I’d want to be abusing Dura-Ace in the mud and grime on a daily basis as I’d be constantly thinking about drivetrain wear. But I must admit to some mild jealousy. :mrgreen:

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dmc.. Looks nice.. De sticker the Rims will give it a much clearer look

dmc
    Free Member

Still waiting for the ultegra chainset just put the dura ace chainset on until the end of the week.
    Dc

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

DMC, How are the shiamno hydro all in one shifters?

I have some 11spd Hydro/Cable shifters on order (due next mth) but I am not sure I fit them as I really liking the Hope hdyo converter.

brassneck

Looks like ours are siblings buddy!

Gah!! Still not here 🙁

This my first new frame in 10 years and I think it might be my last!

dmc
    Free Member

Mtb Rob,

only had one proper ride on them today in the pissing rain worked really well ! Made a fair bit of noise until the pads wore in a bit. Will update after a couple more rides give them time to bed in

Dc

matts
    Free Member

@dmc, can you give us the lowdown on the build kit?

the_lecht_rocks

right – problem today with the short cage 105 mech and the 12-30t cassette. the SC doesn’t like the range !

so, can i use an xt shadow mexh 10speed without problemo’s ? assume i can…. i have a spare in the garage if appropriate.

ianfitz
    Free Member

10 speed sti levers need a 9 speed mtb rear mech, cable pull between 10 speed raid and mtb is different. No idea about 11 speed integration – I don’t go to 11 yet 😉

somafunk

I ran a shortcage ultegra mech with a 11-30 cassette on a CX70 36/46 crankset without any issues? , what’s the problem? – I had to adjust the B-tension screw to allow the mech to hug the cassette better but apart from that i had no issues

the_lecht_rocks

and where do i get a new mech hanger 🙁

the_lecht_rocks

soma – 50t front big onto the 30t rear buggered it….. my fault..

somafunk

Ooof! – the poor mech would’ve been straining at the pins holding it together, Did you not have problems with a slack chain in certain gears?.

Mech Hangers from Upgrade, quick delivery.

the_lecht_rocks

aye it was straining at the fookn pins, i can tell thee !!! 😈

i had sized the chain correctly so it wasn’t baggy anywhere, but it wasalways a bit tight on the 30T through the mech.

Rik
    Free Member

DMC – is tha proto frame or a mark2 tripster atr as its got DI2 internal routing!!!

Rear chain stays look a bit shorter too? But that could be my eyes

dmc
    Free Member

@matts
    Ultegra di2 with internal conversion done by me hydro discs with ice tech rotas, hope hubs on stans grail rims revolution spokes alloy nipples, challenge strada bianca tyres (30mm) cowbell bars crank bros stem and seat post, fizik Antares seat, Thompson seat clamp. Not weighed it yet. Happy with how it’s turned out one very comfy bike ! built for audax’s and hopefully some adventure cross etc

Spoke with upgrade not starting work on the mk 2 frame till next year which will have di2 drillings

Dc

Nipper99
    Free Member

evilsovereign – im in Swansea, if you fancy a gravel/cx’y outing sometime give me a mail. Gower loop is great.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,739 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.