Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Triangle of Sadness. Finally a movie made for STW.
  • Poopscoop

It’ll bring us together, tear us apart and possibly reminisce over Guest House Paradiso.

I’d love to know what you guys make of this once you watch it.

thols2

once you watch it.

Hmmm, artsy looking movie with a foreign director. Yeah, nah, there’s a lot of other stuff to watch.

Woody Harrelson as The Captain. Yeah, next on my watch list.

kerley
    Free Member

Hmmm, artsy looking movie with a foreign director.

Oh no, not one of those foreigners making a film, god forbid. And nothing arty or different, just formulaic Hollywood crap for me please.

I haven’t seen it but it is on my list as looks pretty good from what I have seen of it.

Harry_the_Spider

Isn’t Guest House Paradiso Richie and Eddie?

daveylad
    Free Member

Watched half of it on the Kodi box. When the stream failed I didn’t bother to seek out the rest of it.

thols2

Oh no, not one of those foreigners making a film, god forbid. And nothing arty or different, just formulaic Hollywood crap for me please.

Hey, go watch Bad Boy Bubby and then tell me how you feel about letting foreigners make art movies.

willard

@Harry_the_Spider Ah, a classic film. I should watch that again sometime.

On the theme of the Op’s suggestion, it has been suggested that my GF and I go to the cinema and watch this. I’ve been burned by art house cinema before, so currently not keen.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Watched half of it on the Kodi box. When the stream failed I didn’t bother to seek out the rest of it.

Well the film does deal with the issues in a heavy-handed way, but it is funny, and Harrelson is great. Did you get to the scene where a few* people get a bit** sea-sick. Saw it at the cinema, so turning it off wasn’t really an option, but I can see that it opens a bit slowly.

*This may be an understatement.

**This may also be an understatement.

kerley
    Free Member

Hey, go watch Bad Boy Bubby and then tell me how you feel about letting foreigners make art movies.

You come across as a bit ignorant so I won’t take your recommendations but I have watched A LOT of very good arty films made by those pesky foreigners thanks.

kilo

It’s an ok film, not the best thing I’ve ever seen but good enough.

I would not put it as stereotypical art house cinema, it’s quite an easy watch, apart from the puking bit!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Yeh, it’s ok and worth a watch if you’ve got a couple of hours free. Kind of comes across as not sure what it wants to be and a less successful copy of a Wes Anderson film whilst thinking it’s cleverer than it actually is and making its point in a obvious / direct fashion.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Watched this last week. For the first 20 minutes I’m thinking this about the relationship of a couple of young models that I have no interest in. Glad I stuck with it. When they get onboard the cruise ship, new characters are introduced and things start to happen. Don’t want to give too much away, but shades of White Lotus. Examining privilege, and the dynamic between the haves and have nots in an isolated environment. Turned out to be a thought provoking black comedy with some great performances.

It’s by the same guy that did Force Majeure – if you enjoyed that then I think you’ll enjoy this.

thols2

Having a lazy day, drinking beer, watching it now. It’s not an art movie at all, it’s a comedy. Just watching the sea sickness scene. “Not a fan of fine dining,” LMAO.

thols2

My ribs hurt from laughing. “I’m not a communist, I’m a Marxist.”

thols2

Ok, made it to the end. It turns out it was an art movie afterall. And a tragedy not a comedy. It would have been funnier for drunk people if they didn’t do the subtly thing where metaphors from the long boring start end up setting us up for lessons at the end. Two hours of sea sickness and Woody hitting the hard stuff would have been funnier than metaphors about the exploitation of the creators of value by the owners of capital.

thols2

Yeah, so my final rating is 3.

Poopscoop

Harry_the_Spider
    Isn’t Guest House Paradiso Richie and Eddie?

Indeed it is!

On the theme of the Op’s suggestion, it has been suggested that my GF and I go to the cinema and watch this.

I’d say it’s a rent at home experience really. Not a big budget epic so other than hearing the cinema crowd getting into it I’d say it’s better enjoyed at home whilst eating a nice takeaway with a beer or champagne.😉

I loved Harrelson and “the Russian” having a great and very loud time as “other stuff went on.”😁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.