Trek marlin 29er ss fork change?

Home Forum Bike Forum Trek marlin 29er ss fork change?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek marlin 29er ss fork change?
  • Premier Icon steveoath
    Subscriber

My old one was non tapered. You will struggle to find a g2 fork aftermarket. But you won’t explode if you fit a non g2 one. A nice exotic fork would be ace.

Pyro

Non-tapered, and if I push ‘go’ on what I’m thinking of tomorrow, it’ll be dressed up in a set of Manitous – they’re closest to the G5 offset (48mm as opposed to 51mm G2 offset)

stoddys

Should I take off the heavy weight stock forks off my trek marlin 29er ss?
    Rigid? Carbon or steel? Price?
    can I get a nice buget g2 rigid fork

Oh yea, not taken mine off yet, are the tapered or straight steerer tube. Any one know?
    Thanks Stoddy

belugabob

Definitely non-tapered steerer.
    A friend and I put Manitou Tower Pros on our Marlins (one SS and one geared)
    That was over 2 years ago and they’re both still going strong.
    I did hear recently, that G2 forks are now available aftermarket, so may be worth a further look before you go for the Maintous

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

Though you could fit a tapered steerer if you fit an external lower 1.5″ cup for a 44mm head tube.

Muke

OP what did you decide to do ? interested as in a similar position myself.
    belugabob I met your mate @ SSUK and he was saying what a great fork the Manitou Tower Pro was on the Marlin. Unfortunately Pro is out of my budget at the moment so having to consider the Expert as a cheaper alternative.best price new I’ve found so far is £269 @CRC.

Saratoga

Try WinstanleysBikes, they do the Experts for £240 and Pros for £304. I got mine from there.

Muke

Nice one Saratoga, unfortunately not available in the flavour I want at the moment.
    When do the new 2014 forks come out as I was thinking along the lines of when they do then the 2013 models become cheaper ?

Muke

Struggling to find White 100mm Tower Experts in stock anywhere now, maybe have to wait for the Pro price to drop then. 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek marlin 29er ss fork change?’ is closed to new replies.