Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Garmin Connect / Strava auto sync
  • Kryton57

Here:

http://www.garminsync.com/

Follow the instructions and save some time….

legend
    Free Member

Does it really just save time when you can just upload straight from your Garmin to Strava anyway?

Kryton57

Well yes, if you upload to Comnect AND strava (as I do) now you only have to upload to Connect and it automatically appears on Strava – saves uploading twice….

Dibbs
    Free Member

I thought it had stopped working due to some changes Strava made.

jam-bo

As of July 1st 2013 Strava discontinued support for their v2 version of the interface that GarminSync uses to upload activities to Strava. GarminSync already migrated to v3 but this requires that GarminSync users who signed up before May 3rd 2013 to redo the GarminSync signup. Read the FAQ “Why do I have to redo the setup for Strava?” for an explanation first.

Kryton57

So seeing as i signed today – alls fine.

I’ve a ride tomorrow so I shall report my findings as I upload…

GavinB

Nice find, that’ll save me a little time, as I don’t do Strava Premium, so if I want to get all ‘scientific’ on my data I use Connect, but for segments then I pop them in Strava.

roverpig

Brilliant. Thanks.

Kryton57

Worked fine, cheers.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I tried it again tonight waited an hour and my ride still hadn’t appeared on Strava, I gave up and loaded it normaly. 😕

scratch
    Free Member

I thought Garmin Connect looked useful, but the only function I really want is time spent in zones, which it doesn’t do, back to oldskool GTC….

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I posted this link yesterday in the chat thread…

Does work ok though!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I deleted my GarminSync connection from Strava and setup a new one, it’s now working at last. 😀

gavstorie
    Free Member

I used this for a while but found that Strava’s ascent estimations were miles off.. sometimes by over 1000ft..

What i do now is upload to garmin connect and enable the elevation correction feature (bottom box on left hand side of ride information screen)
    Then click export-> gpx and go to strava and upload this file ..

This gives a more representative reading.

pete68
    Free Member

Tried setting this up today with my new 510. Following the instructions on the copymysports page takes me to a page on garmin connect which has copymysports103. The instructions say to click the connect button . However I can’t see a connect button anywhere. It does say request sent,so do I have to wait for approval? Any help appreciated thanks as I’m stuck as what I’m supposed to do next.

dobo
    Free Member

https://tapiriik.com/

works ok for me

legend
    Free Member

The connect buttons are the “connect to stava” and “connect to run keeper” buttons just below where you put in the activity number.

My gripe with Garminsync is that it will only copy the activity number I give it. It never picks up further new activities without me signing up again.

pete68
    Free Member

The trouble is it won’t accept my activity number. I’ve changed my privacy to “connections” and added a connection from the copymysports page I was directed to. I can’t see what’s wrong,but every time I enter the id number it just says that it’s not found.

pete68
    Free Member

Thanks for the tapiriik link Dobo. Easy to set up and worked straight away.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect / Strava auto sync’ is closed to new replies.