Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Travel adjustable droppers
  • continuity
    Free Member

My giant trance has a too long seat tube for me to use a 175mm dropper, but only by like 5mm.

What droppers are internally travel limitable except the one-up post?

zerocool

I think BikeYoke are adjustable but they also cost a million dollars.

fooman

Not all droppers are equal length from collar to clamp (stack) can vary.

For example, 180mm OneUp has a stack of 213mm while a 170mm Brand X is actually taller at 225mm.

nixie

You can also make room by running shorter cranks or a lower profile saddle.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not all droppers are equal length from collar to clamp (stack) can vary.

This.  I’d be measuring everything (stack, insertion, etc) carefully before ordering.

I’ve been very happy with my One-Up but a travel adjustable alternative I’d consider is https://www.pnwcomponents.com/products/loam-dropper-post

binman

As above.

branes

Oddly I’ve been looking at this for similar reasons.

Although it doesn’t Google too well I reckon KS Levs are. Their 65mm travel seems to be a 100mm-ish with a ‘P3125-36’ spacer:

https://main.kssuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2020-LEV-Integra-Exploded-View.pdf

And this bit seems to be the travel reducer for 125->100 Lev Ci.

http://www.linksports.com.au/kss-sp-p3125-25

And this has a ghetto reduction:

http://www.peterverdone.com/ks-lev-rebuild-and-travel-adjustment/

All looks a bit fiddly, but possible.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Out of curiosity, what’s wrong with the oneup? I’ve been using thier 180 post spaced down to 170 for a few years now without issues. Cheap to service too !

allanoleary
    Free Member

If it helps I have a 170mm PNW Loam which I no longer require. 31.6mm diameter. Make me an offer if you are interested. There is a matching lever for SRAM Matchmaker that I also ordered with it

thols2

You can also make room by running shorter cranks or a lower profile saddle.

This.

Also, you could bodge it by getting an old gear cable inner and clamping it to the saddle rails and seatpost clamp to limit the seatpost extension.

bentudder

Isn’t the PNW post the same as the Brand-X AScend? I know there are different versions of the Brand X, but I ran two Ascends for a couple of years with zero problems. You can adjust the travel with a bit of margarine tub plastic cut to the correct size and shape.

That said: I’m currently on a Oneup on one bike (faultless after an early issue with return speed that turned out to be not enough grease – Oneup includes a little pillow of the stuff along with keys which fixed the issue) and a Specialized Command Post which is amazing by nut-beltingly terrifying when it comes to return speed. I’m struggling to justify replacing it with a longer Oneup at the moment…

joebristol

I don’t think you can beat the Oneup for low stack height – plus then the ability to adjust it down. Sounds like you could get the 180 with the option to space it to 170 or 160mm if required.

The newest brand x posts can’t be spaced down with plastic spacers btw – the old ones could be (they took the same plastic spacers as the V1 Oneup post). I don’t think they’re the same as the v2 Oneup which spaces down with different length brass guide keys.

I’ve got a 180 and 210 Oneup post. I had to limit the travel on the 210 to 200 to fit it in my frame with the correct saddle height at full extension.

snotrag

I’ve been looking at this too and I reckon if I replace my Fox/Marzocchi Transfer with a One-up, I can go from 125mm drop to 160m, possibly 170mm drop with the One-up (by using their 180 and shimming it down a bit)! Thats pretty impressive.

survivor

9point8 post is internally adjustable

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Travel adjustable droppers’ is closed to new replies.