Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trapped Ulnar Nerve
  • ajantom

In a non-biking incident I fell on my hand last week, and seem to have trapped the ulnar nerve in my arm somewhere.
    Pain in elbow and tingling in little finger has been getting worse all week.

Looking up symptoms online, it has all the hallmarks of cubital tunnel syndrome (problem is at the elbow) or a trapped ulnar nerve in the hand.

I’m waiting on a call back from the GP tomorrow, but in the meanwhile has anyone else had this, and if so any advice on relieving the discomfort.
    Ibuprofen doesn’t seem to be helping.
    Or beer.

ernielynch

Yes I’ve had precisely that problem for several years now but it involves no pain, just numb/tingling little finger.

It originally started as a trapped nerve in my neck, which was indeed painful, but freed itself without any intervention.

But then, without a break, it became trapped in my elbow as confirmed by this electric current test, which **** me was painful.

I was warned that it would be painful but I hadn’t imagine that it could possibly be that bad. I swear that the geezer who did the test was a psychopathic sadist – how can someone inflict so much pain on someone else and yet remain so calm?

I was given some exercises to do but as it never seemed to improve and it causes no pain I eventually gave up.

Sorry none of this is any help to you but hopefully my post will bump it up so that someone with something useful to say sees it.

Oh and I believe that the standard response for trauma pain is RICE.,.rest, ice, compression, elevation.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Have this is my elbow when I sleep with my arm folded, I wear a brace at night to keep it straight and it goes away. Then I did the badger divide about 4 weeks ago and got it in my palm (local pain over nerve) with bottom 2 fingers numb and tingling. 3rd finger almost ok now, little one about 50% better – rest, anti-inflamm, massage of palm. Been riding again for last 2 weeks, been told it may take months to resolve.

tomhoward

I had cubital tunnel a couple of years ago, numbness in my little and ring finger, really struggled to hold a pen/knife and fork etc and no grip strength. Diagnosed by electric test (not painful, as everything was numb). Had surgery to release the nerve, within a few weeks everything was back to normal.

shermer75
    Free Member

Looking at the mechanism of injury it’s most likely that you’ve just bruised the nerve, and it will resolve once it’s had a chance to settle down. This can take up to 6 weeks

ajantom

Looking at the mechanism of injury it’s most likely that you’ve just bruised the nerve, and it will resolve once it’s had a chance to settle down. This can take up to 6 weeks

God I hope so! It’s bloody annoying and painful right now.

I’m meant to be playing a gig (guitar and keyboards) next weekend, and it’s currently difficult to play either 😟

ajantom

@dickyhepburn

, I wear a brace at night to keep it straight and it goes away.

What’s the brace? I sleep with that arm bent too, which I suspect isn’t helping.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I use this one

Solace Bracing Black Pain Relief Resting Elbow Splint Joint Support Brace – Regular https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FSDQ4D0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_jxaseYxXQWLnl

sirromj

As a temporary brace, fold a towel twice or thrice and wrap it around your elbow.

shermer75
    Free Member

As a temporary brace, fold a towel twice or thrice and wrap it around your elbow.

This is true, see also pillow splint (pillow wrapped around elbow and the taped). It has to be pretty loose tho! No-one wants to wake up with a purple hand!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trapped Ulnar Nerve’ is closed to new replies.