Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Trapped – Icelandic murder mystery on teh beeb
  • ElShalimo

We watched the last 4 episodes last night after an iPlayer binge.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and I’ve never watched a Scandi drama. It was excellent all the way through. It might have been the red wine but at one point I felt trapped in what appeared to be Wes Craven’s Pingu but when Trausti left I felt lot better.

DrJ

But can someone tell the beeb most of us are not deaf we just cant speak icelandic!!!

Is it just me or do others like to hear the dialogue even if I can’t understand it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it just me or do others like to hear the dialogue even if I can’t understand it?

It’s essential. I do often get the feeling that the [perceived quality of the] script suffers a bit though. Even though you know there’s been more said, it’s sometimes distilled into one short phrase.

I guess this is because it takes a bit longer to read stuff than to say it and the sub-titles have to move along with the actual drama rather than waiting for us to read them.

gwaelod
    Free Member

There was a Norwegian TV comedy on beeb4 a while back about a NewYork Mafioso in small town Arctic Norway.

jimster01

There was a Norwegian TV comedy on beeb4 a while back about a NewYork Mafioso in small town Arctic Norway.

Lillyhammer, also available on Netflix.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Trapped – Icelandic murder mystery on teh beeb’ is closed to new replies.