Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Trapped – Icelandic murder mystery on teh beeb
  • wallop

Really enjoying it! Anyone else? It could go in any direction, I reckon.

Shame the graun isn’t doing a recap for this programme though – I really enjoy those.

ElShalimo

We’re really enjoying it too. Every 10 minutes something new happens or dirty little secrets revealed. It’s the first time in ages we’ve made an effort to watch something so it must be good

mick_r

We’re also enjoying it – like a low budget “Bridge III” Saturday night replacement.

We’ve only ever seen one Icelandic film, and it had the same guy starring in it (and probably other cast members). Have you noticed how it occasionally sounds a bit Pingu?…..

wallop

Yes, I was bereft when The Bridge finished. One of my favourite programmes ever.

I hadn’t noticed the sounds of pingu but probably will next weekend 😆

wallop

How did I miss that in the search? And how did you nod off?! 😆

cinnamon_girl

😆 It’s an age thing wallop. 😉

wallop

Who, me or you? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also watching it. Tbh, it’s just about ok. And I’ve mentioned this before, but a lot of these Scandi (accepting Iceland might not count as “Scandi”) Noir dramas get an easy ride because of The Killing. That goes for The Bridge too – first series excellent. Last few – not that great if we’re honest.

wallop

I’ve not seen The Killing yet. They recently put it all back onto Netflix so it’s on the list (as are lots of things at this time of year – so many good things around at the moment!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whaaaaaaaaat? The Original, and still the best IMO. (Borgen was also good but a different genre of course.)

wallop

I know! It disappeared from the Internet – for ages the only Killing on Netflix was the American version.

If you’re saying it’s better than The Bridge then I’m in for a treat – I LOVE The Bridge!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the female lead in The Killing is a more believable character than Saga (IMO).

stever
    Free Member

Can someone draw a Venn diagram of all the actors in these bbc4/scandi/icelandic noir things? Still waiting to see what ferry captain’s dirty secret is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Trapped doesn’t seem to have too many in common. Ferry captain was obvs in Series 1 of The Killing. However, with The Killing, Borgen, then The Bridge, it was beginning to get a bit ridiculous. 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Also watching it. Tbh, it’s just about ok. And I’ve mentioned this before, but a lot of these Scandi (accepting Iceland might not count as “Scandi”) Noir dramas get an easy ride because of The Killing.

I think there is probably some truth in the fact that we cut them a bit more slack, but I guess that is partly because the culture isn’t as familiar to us as our own so we miss the cliches etc. However, that is in part why I enjoy watching them – seeing the different cultures, the different systems etc etc.

Ambrose

I’ve been on that ship, for rather too long. My car ended up on the lorry deck with fish slurry on the floor. It was a bit aromatic. being woken at 05:00 to move it so that other vehicles could depart wasn’t the highlight of the holiday. But Hey Ho, I was given a voucher for a free breakfast of rollmops and coffee. I really feel for the people who want to get off.

Seydisfjordur has possibly the best bar in the world though 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Borgen was also good but a different genre of course.)

For me Borgen stands head and shoulders above all other Scandi dramas. Not normally one for anything political but this was so well written and acted, an outstanding series.

globalti
    Free Member

The captain’s dirty little secret is people smuggling although why you would want to smuggle Nigerian girls to Iceland, I’m not sure because the scam would soon be noticed

DrJ

The captain’s dirty little secret is people smuggling although why you would want to smuggle Nigerian girls to Iceland, I’m not sure because the scam would soon be noticed

You think? 🙂

I was told that immigration into Iceland is not that big of a problem because not many people can cope with the dark winters!

DrJ

Also watching it. Tbh, it’s just about ok.

Yeah, bit underwhelmed.

But ..

And I’ve mentioned this before, but a lot of these Scandi (accepting Iceland might not count as “Scandi”) Noir dramas get an easy ride because of The Killing. That goes for The Bridge too – first series excellent. Last few – not that great if we’re honest.

Now you’re just going to have to sit on the naughty step until you understand what a very wrong thing you have said.

mtbfix

Watching Trapped makes me feel cold. Brrrr…

senorj

That goes for The Bridge too – first series excellent. Last few – not that great if we’re honest.

pah.

wallop

OMG! Totally dropped my iPad when he jumped 😮

globalti
    Free Member

Yeah, like…. WOW!

hels
    Free Member

I was enjoying this, but starting to feel like it is dragging out a bit now.

The Helicopter bit was good, but they need to wrap it up now. And all that stuff with Andri and his wife is so lacking credibility it is embarrassing.

I am not sure there will be anybody left in the town to get murdered/killed by avalanche/burned alive/jump out of helicopter soon…

richmars

I liked the final two parts, but would the doors on the freezer open when the fire alarm goes off?

rickmeister

Ambrose…
    Scrabster to Torshavn, 24 hrs of watery hell, like being in a washing machine ?

cinnamon_girl

I did enjoy this series, well written with much suspense. Andri is such a loveable bear of a man and thought his sidekick played her part well too.

What a landscape though with that brooding but powerful mountain as a backdrop to the fjord.

chewkw
    Free Member

I fell asleep after 15 mins … 🙁

I think I might need to watch the series again.

alanl
    Free Member

Not in the same genre, but Icelandic, ‘The Night Shift’, a sit-com about a petrol station. It ran on BBC4 around 5 years ago, I was nearly peeing myself with laughter at some of the things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A6turvaktin

Pigface
    Free Member

first series excellent. Last few – not that great if we’re honest.

Darcy have a word with yourself, you are starting to sound like Jambalya 😆

Binge watched 7 Episodes over the weekend 😳 enjoying it but how brutal does Iceland look when the wind starts blowing and the snow starts falling 😯

DrJ

Darcy have a word with yourself, you are starting to sound like Jambalya

Ooh! Harsh!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooh! Harsh!!

I know but I owe him one 😆 I hope he will be mature and grown up about it but I doubt it 😉

clodhopper
    Free Member

Are the Scandinavian nations having a competition to see who can make the best TV dramas? Time after time, we end up thoroughly enjoying the latest offering. Loved the bleakness of Trapped; we’re considering a trip to Iceland at some point (already going to Sweden this summer!). Stuff likes this makes most British TV drama look boring and insipid by comparison.

Now, with such artistic greats as Ibsen and Munch, I’m surprised the Norwegians haven’t yet entered the fray. I fully expect a Norwegian offering to appear soon though. 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Not just Scandi. Salamander from Belgium was good, easy to follow and tense. Right now we are enjoying the second series of Spin from France, which is waaay better than the first series. We also loved Spiral from France.

scandal42
    Free Member

Norwegians are too stupid to make anything decent, according to my Swedish mate anyway 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha yes they get a lot of stick, with their sing song voices and packed lunches

Headhunters is a good Norwegian film, really enjoyed it. I cant find In Order of Disappearance with subtitles, tht is meant to be pretty good as well.

DrJ

We also loved Spiral from France.

Spiral was brilliant – as good as The Killing, even !!

anagallis_arvensis

Been enjoying it. But can someone tell the beeb most of us are not deaf we just cant speak icelandic!!!

Bbeebs horn and revs engine in disgust

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Trapped – Icelandic murder mystery on teh beeb’ is closed to new replies.