Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Transpyr – Anybody done it?
  • UncleFred
    Free Member

Its getting closer.

Bike sorted and now getting kit sorted.

But would be interested to hear from anybody that has done it.

I’m taking the “camp” option rather than hotels, i know this is communual sleeping in halls etc, but are you sleeping on z-beds or do you bring a sleeping mat.

Showers – Transrockies had a shower truck, which was great after a long day. How does transpyr compare?

Food – i understand the entry fee includes an evening meal and breakfast, but whats the food like? Basic pasta or is there a bit more variety?

Finally – What tires? I was planning on Maxxis Ikons but any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

stevego
    Free Member

I did it in 97, did the camp option. Showers were a bit hit and miss, ice cold one place, too hot to stand under at another (a first for me). Bring a good sleeping mat (I use an EXPED one), and be prepared tpo go with dirty clothes as there isn’t places really to dry clothes other than over benches in the gyms, I bought 3 sets of gear. Food was OK, cafeteria style, pasta dinner from memory, breakfast was fine. There was lots of food out at the food stops. Often got into the final destination and went for a beer and snack with some of the other rides I met (the brits usually), before dinner. Depends on how seriously you are taking the racing. I really enjoyed it, but have never done anything similar. Doing the Pioneer in NZ this year (held over from last year due to a serious crash late last year) so will be able to compare.

stevego
    Free Member

meant ‘ not 97

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Transpyr – Anybody done it?’ is closed to new replies.