Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Transporter 6.1 must have options
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Ahhhh. now i know a petrol van seems weird, but when the van becomes a shuttle/people carrier and is homed in london, well.. diesel just seems wrong.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ahhhh. now i know a petrol van seems weird, but when the van becomes a shuttle/people carrier and is homed in london, well.. diesel just seems wrong.

Petrols not much better it’s just alternative polution.

Electric at least gets it out the city. But ultimately the space polution is more concern

benp1

Standard spec on the T6.1 changed from the T6

Lots of stuff can be retrofitted but some can’t so really does depend on what you’re doing with it

Mine is a daily driver, only vehicle and carries three kids and a dog. Took me a little while to find the right spec van (I was buying used), have a look in the T6 forum for some really great info

charliedontsurf

4motion

im a big fan of the 4wd. It’s rarely needed but when it is it makes a difference That really counts.  It’s glorious to drive off a wet campsite while the poor people in there mere 2wd vans bog down in mud and self loathing.

2+1 seat in the back is great. I know… mine came as a bench Of three and it’s a two man job removing them.  They are in the way so much that they are now long gone, as is the option to carry passengers. Grrr

the 2+1 in the front is not great.  It’s impossible to get comfortable on the passenger 2x side if you share it or have it to yourself. Plus if there are 3 people up front it looks like you are going on a plastering job.

I had my V6 from new… the windows in the whoosh bang door leak. VW fitted roof rails and made that leak. The drivers door seal fell off. And VW in Poole even manger to leave a spanner under the bonnet. Otherwise it’s been great.

charliedontsurf

Discount.  I was told by a former VW sales chap that they are given 12% play in the price. I asked for a deal, and was offered 10% almost instantly and without bother… no sucking air through teeth, no BS sales dramatics.  That saved me over £3k.

intheborders
    Free Member

Have I missed the option of been able to stand up in the back?

That’d be a pre-requisite for me, and at +6′ I guess it’d need a higher roofline.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Trail rat I agree and I’m not saying petrol is cleaner. Unfortunately the government do so dpfs and low emission zones. The former doesn’t work well in a congested city and a vehicle doing a lot of shortish trips, fear that the latter will get harsher doesn’t gel with spending £50k on a vehicle that I’d hope to keep a long while.

Spud

We’re hoping our 15 month T6 might be the last diesel we have, assuming the T6.1 or more likely, T7 comes with a hybrid option. Problem is needing a large family vehicle that can tow well too (Caravan), which is does with aplomb.

ticsmon

Thanks for all the advice, think I’ve got it sorted now. Just arguing with the wife over colour

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Transporter 6.1 must have options’ is closed to new replies.