Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Transmitter cable guides
  • misteralz
    Free Member

Does anybody have a clue where I can find them? I bought a bargain Transmitter frame from the Alpkit outlet eBay store that needed a brake boss rethreading. I suspect that put off a lot of folk, but to me it was a mere helicoil job. But I digress. It was sold absolutely bare which I didn’t think would be a problem, and I assumed that cable guides for internal routing would be reasonably standard and easy to find. How wrong I was. So I need the downtube one that I guess should have three holes in it! The seattube dropper guide is at least easy to find…

misteralz
    Free Member

Oh, and yeah, they don’t seem to be on Alpkit’s site, and I haven’t had a reply from them yet!

fooman

Alloy frame? The only guide on mine is a bung for the hole near bottom bracket and I dare say you could live without it. All the other cable entry points are part of the frame.

misteralz
    Free Member

Yeah, alloy frame. The cable guides at the top of the downtube are part of the frame, but the bottom one has a bossed hole – for want of a better term – with a threaded hole for a screw to retain the guide.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Have a peek here, I’ve used these Ragley ones on a similar frame before:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ragley-universal-cable-guide-kit/rp-prod104665

misteralz
    Free Member

I’d have to drill and tap the downtube for those, though! It’s this sort of thing I’m after, but with three holes:

https://www.ticycles.com/ticycletubes/tcf-tubes-routing-ti-w322-internal-ports

davespike1981

I’m interested in this as well misteralz as i just built up a Cortex frame and figured that putting a spare downtude guide/port (as well as suspension parts) on the shelf would be prudent.

I’m a shareholder with Alpkit so will see if i can get an understanding on how to obtain spares and if i get anything i’ll let you know.

Cheers

jon_n
    Free Member

I bought a frame only Cortex a while back – and it too was missing the ‘mickey mouse’ 3 cable port cover for the bottom of the downtube. It took some chasing but they did eventually send me one without any fuss, so I’d keep on at them.

biggspuds
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a 2nd hand VirFortis and needed a plethora of parts for it that I couldn’t find on alpkit website, an email to support@alpkit.com address rather than the other one on their website go tme rapid answers and results, also ended up ringing the BYC store as it appears all NOS gets sent there for online/ebay sales and they are still sifting through all the stock. I do have to say it has been very refreshing being in contact with folks keen to solve my problems and on the oddball bike a few didn’t even know exist.
    Gool luck and that

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.