Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Transition Smuggler or other Horst link bikes for bikepacking
  • davegt
    Free Member

Morning all

Just refining my off road Coast to Coast packing strategy, trying to get weight on the bike rather than my back!

Got an Alpkit fuel pot / top tube bag but fitted backwards, onto the toptube and seat tube.
    EDC Pump and took kit on the bottle cage
    Bottle cage
    Mount anywhere bottle cage on the top tube facing forward
    Apidura saddle pack with Wolf Tooth Valais dropper mount / height restrictor.
    Cheap amazon special 0.3L stem cell.
    Spare tube, velcro strapped to the downtube.

Wondered if there are any other ideas?

Any recommendations on a small handlebar bag? Something unobtrusive, 1.5L or 2L maybe?

Thanks!

Dave

mashr

Wondered if there are any other ideas?

Any recommendations on a small handlebar bag?

Bar bag would be my thoughts too – tried quite a few recently looking for the right size/shape for the trip I was doing. Restraps is quite small and neat. Shimano/Pro’s one is really well thought out, but for some reason the shape irked me for reasons I still cant work out. See Sense also have a good looking option. Plus many, many others.

I ended up blowing my budget with a Wizard works – great until it fills with water… which seems to be right away

davegt
    Free Member

Hmm – the 1.5L restrap canister bag looks good

Thank you!

5lab

got enough non-dropper bit of post sticking out to stick a rack on the back? seems the obvious way to do things

davegt
    Free Member

@5lab – I might do. But not really giving it much consideration as I want to get better weight distribution for climbing and descending

mashr

davegt
    Free Member

Hmm – the 1.5L restrap canister bag looks good

Thank you!

It’s a nice bag, just slightly smaller than I was after (got one then returned it)

5lab
    Free Member

got enough non-dropper bit of post sticking out to stick a rack on the back? seems the obvious way to do things

Bar bag can be used on the go, different bag for different stuff

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Where does the Horst link come into this?

davegt
    Free Member

Horst link included to try and get an idea of how others with the same FS frame design and shape carry kit

tomhoward

Horst link included to try and get an idea of how others with the same FS frame design and shape carry kit

There’s loads of ‘different’ Horst link designs, not to mention non-Horst link ones that look the same.

jamj1974

I would go with saddlebags as that should work with ‘Giddy Up’ pivot placement.

davegt
    Free Member

Ah – thanks for the clarification. I didnt know that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Transition Smuggler or other Horst link bikes for bikepacking’ is closed to new replies.