Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Trangia 27 – Obsolete?
  • BadlyWiredDog

Terrible at high altitude. A mate tried to use one guiding in Bolivia – it was not a success. Stoves for me boil down to: JetBoil or similar – MSR Reactor – for one-pot kettle functionality. Primus for remote canister stuff, both using gas in the UK. MSR XGK for burning dodgy liquid fuel at high altitude. Back in the day the Trangia was sort of a bulky alternative to the JetBoil, which hadn’t been invented, but slow boiling and inclined to burn people as you can’t always see the meths flame in daylight.

If you like windproof stoves, the MSR WindBurner and Reactor stuff is astonishing, but probably best kept for snow melting.

cobrakai

I use mine for family camping but recently found the small burner is ideal for bike packing.

Had 2 mess tins that I “forgot” to hand in when i left the army (along with many other dubious bits of kit). The smaller one I drilled with holes around the side. Use that as a base, put the burner in it and the larger tin on top as the cooking vessel.

As anyone that’s used mess tins will know, you can fit a lot of kit in them like food and kitcheny stuff.

I’m too tight to buy role specific stuff!

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Trangia 27 – Obsolete?’ is closed to new replies.