Trail Centres, Glasgow

Home Forum Bike Forum Trail Centres, Glasgow

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trail Centres, Glasgow
  • Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Of those two I would pick Cathkin Braes, a lot closer to the city and although its a shorter loop it pack a lot more in

pebblebeach

I would go via Mabie or Dalbeattie on the way up if possible. Cathkin is good but not a huge amount to it. Carron would be a pain in the arse to get to in rush hour.

Oh and if the weather is alright you could still be riding till about 10:30 without lights.

legend

pebblebeach – Member

I would go via Mabie or Dalbeattie on the way up if possible

or Drumlanrig

pebblebeach

yeh I’d add that to the list. Any of the 3 are easy from the m74.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Ae is even easier to get to from the M74. But it seems about as popular as a ginger headed stepchild round this parish.

Not sure why I quite like the place myself

Premier Icon tommyhine
    Subscriber

Nice, I had quick look at the 7 stanes website and figured I might as well leave a bit earlier and do the red route at Glentress and then I’ll get to play around in the free ride park afterwards which should be a bit of fun. Weathers looking great as well so should get a good long stint there as well.
    I’ve got to go to Leeds for Friday as well so I’m going to have a run around Whinlatter on the way down from Glasgow on Thursday night as well. Good bless work related trips near trail centres 🙂

Premier Icon tommyhine
    Subscriber

Hi All,

Are there any trail centre’s within about 30 minutes of Glasgow.

I’m driving up there on Wednesday for work but should get there with about 3 hours of light left, enough for a quick blast around somewhere any way).

Any help appreciated.

cheers
    Tom

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Depend what you want really. If you just want 1-2hrs good blast on your bike with minimum faff I’d say Cathkin. If you can bothered with a minor detour on the way up Drumlanrig is a great place to ride, lovely woodland singletrack.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres, Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.